Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium
Dear County and District Superintendents and Charter School Administrators:
OPPORTUNITIES FOR TEACHER PARTICIPATION IN SMARTER BALANCED ITEM DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
The Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium has announced opportunities for qualified teachers to participate in the development and analysis of pilot and field test items. The California Department of Education (CDE) will be selecting teachers for the following involvement opportunities in 2013:
- Field Test Item Writing: anticipated dates of service, July–October 2013
- Field Test Stimulus Review: anticipated dates of service, June–August 2013
- Field Test Item and Task Review: anticipated dates of service, July–November 2013
- Pilot Test Data Review: anticipated dates of service, August–September 2013
General requirements for participating educators include:
- Currently certified or licensed to teach English–language arts (ELA) and/or mathematics in a K–12 public school.
- Currently teaching in a public school or currently employed by a public school or district or state education entity, including higher education.
- Taught ELA and/or mathematics in grades three through eight and/or high school within the past three years or having worked in a classroom content support role such as a literacy or mathematics coach, district or state content specialist.
- Previously reviewed part or all of the Common Core State Standards for the content area in which they are interested in writing items and/or performance tasks.
Please forward this letter to educators in your county, district, or school who you think would be interested in this opportunity and encourage them to apply. The application deadline is June 6, 2013. The online application can be found on the CDE Web site at
http://surveys.cde.ca.gov/surveylogin.asp?k=136882687357 [Note: The preceding link is no longer valid as the application deadline is past and the survey is closed].
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact Dixie Abbott, Smarter Balanced Teacher Involvement Coordinator for California, CDE Statewide Assessment Transition Office, by phone at 916-445-4821 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your continued support of the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium work!