Administrator TrainingProvides professional development funds for school administrators using California State Board of Education (SBE) approved training providers.
This program is included in the Tier III Categories for the flexible funding provisions included in SBX3 4. Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for this program by accessing the California Department of Education's Education Budget Web page.
Local Educational Agency (LEAs) Online Funding for FY 2012-13
LEAs, by definition, include districts, direct-funded charter school, and county offices of education. Funding is allocated upon approval from the State Board of Education (SBE) and is contingent upon application requests and state budget availability.
- Outlines the request for funding procedures as defined in Education Code sections 44510-44517.
- The online application was available at the Management System for Administrator Training (MSfAT)
SBE Approved Training Providers
Training providers use SBE adopted curriculum to develop administrators who:
- can establish sound and clear instructional goals;
- can collaboratively develop data-driven decisions, and be knowledgeable about academic content and effective instructional strategies; and
- have the skills to lead a school through powerful academic instructional program change.
Funding profiles provide program description, eligibility criteria, and funding information available to LEAs for Administrator Training of principals or vice principals at a school site. The funding results Web page is a list of the Administrator Training Grant Recipients who applied and were awarded funding.
- Fiscal Year 2012-13
- Fiscal Year 2011-12
State Board of Education Approved Reports
Agenda--May 7-8, 2008
Agenda Item #26: The Administrator Training Program, Assembly Bill 430
(Chapter 364, Statutes of 2005): Approval of Interim Report to the Legislature.