On August 2, 2010, the California State Board of Education (SBE) adopted the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and directed the California Department of Education (CDE) to develop a plan for implementing the CCSS among the state’s 300,140 teachers, 10,296 public schools and 1,043 school districts. In April 2013, the CDE released its Common Core State Standards Systems Implementation Plan for California (DOC). Many current educators have to shift their instructional practices to match new requirements. Schools and districts are asked to provide support for educators to make these necessary shifts. Online professional learning is an efficient and cost-effective means of providing large-scale training in a short time frame. The CDE is responsible for establishing an Online Professional Learning Support Network that can assist California educators as they develop additional expertise relative to the CCSS.
Professional Learning Support Network Application
There is now a new opportunity for interested parties to apply to become an approved provider listed on the Online PL Support Network. Application due date June 6, 2014.
- Letter to Interested Parties Regarding the Application for Eligibility
- Application for Eligibility (DOC)
- provides districts with access to a variety of high quality, standards-aligned, online professional learning structures
- content engages teachers in high quality professional learning activities either by themselves or by collaborating with their peers
- content provides educators broad accessible high quality professional learning opportunities to create a personal career path, leading to leadership positions as subject-matter coaches, district subject-matter experts, or administrators
- utilizes the criteria developed by the International Association for K–12 Online Learning (iNACOL)
- follows the Quality Professional Learning Standards (PDF) that identify characteristics of quality professional learning
Provide professional learning to practicing educators in an efficient, effective, and timely way. The network aids practicing educators in implementing CCSS and can provide optional pathways to an advanced degree in an education related field.
|Network Name||Date Approved||Network Lead||Phone Number||Network Lead E-mail||Content Grade Span||Content Disciplines||Advanced Degree Option|
|Teaching Channel||December 10, 2013||Patricia Wasley, CEO||206-372 -email@example.com||
Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, ELA, Literacy, History/Social Science
- Please send a "blank" message to firstname.lastname@example.org to join the Professional Learning Network ListServ
- Please send a "blank" message to email@example.com to unsubscribe.