Upcoming Events and Opportunities to Participate
An Introduction to Reading and Writing, Common Core Style!
In this second webinar in the series, "Transitioning to the California Common Core State Standards in English Language Arts and Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects," you will engage in an investigation of Common Core Reading Anchor Standard 1, along with an analysis of various examples of text that exemplify both literary and informational text. This webinar will take place Wednesday, November 7, 3:30–5 p.m. Learn more and register on WestEd’s SchoolsMovingUp Web page .
CCSSO and ASCD to co-host November 7 webinar on EduCore™
The Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) and ASCD (formerly the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development) invite you to attend a webinar Wednesday, November 7, at 11 a.m. to learn about ASCD’s new, free digital tool EduCore™ for educators implementing the Common Core State Standards. By the end of this webinar, participants will:
- Understand the features of the EduCore platform and other free online resources that feature research-based support for implementing the Common Core
- Determine ways schools can create job-embedded opportunities for professional learning communities
Learn more and register on the CCSSO Event Information Web page [This event has passed].
SBE CCSS Agenda Items
The State Board of Education (SBE) will address six items on CCSS implementation during next week’s meeting,
November 7–8, 2012, including the following topics:
- CCSS Systems Implementation Activities of the CDE and SBE
- English Language Development Standards
- Revision of the English Language Arts/English Language Development Framework
- Supplemental Instructional Materials Review
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium
- California’s Future Assessment System
To view the meeting agenda or watch the Live Webcast, please visit the SBE Meeting for November 2012 Web page.
CCSS Update from CDE
1430 N Street, Suite 5602
Sacramento, CA 95814-5901
Excerpted from CDE’s External Linking Policy: The CDE is providing these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the CDE or any association with the sites' operators.
To view past CCSS Updates, please visit the CCSS Resources Listserv Archive.
Subscribe: If you would like to receive information and updates via e-mail notification, subscribe to the CCSS Update from the CDE listserv by sending a “blank” message to
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from the CCSS Update from the CDE, send a "blank" message to
Subscribe: Join the SBAC CDE electronic mailing list by sending a blank e-mail to