CCSS Update: Volume II, Issue 32, November 4, 2013The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) Update includes information regarding the implementation of the CCSS.
Opportunity to Participate
SBE CCSS Agenda Items
The State Board of Education (SBE) will address five items related to Common Core State Standards (CCSS) systems implementation during its November 6, 2013 meeting, including the following topics:
- Update on the Activities of the CDE and SBE Regarding the Implementation of CCSS Systems.
- Presentation by representatives of the California County Superintendents Educational Services Association (CCSESA) on the CCSESA Common Core Implementation Survey Results and Development of the CCSESA Leadership Planning Guide.
- Mathematics Framework for California Public Schools, Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve, 2013 Revision: Public Hearing and Adoption.
- California English Language Development Test: Update on Transitioning to the English Language Proficiency Assessments for California.
- Update on Statewide Assessment Transition to the Measurement of Academic Performance and Progress including, but not limited to, Smarter Balanced Assessment Resources and Development Activities, Accountability, and Technology.
To review these agenda items or watch the live Webcast, please visit the SBE Meeting for November 2013 Web page.
Transitioning to New California ELD Standards: Introduction, Overview, & Implications for Practice
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
3:30–5 p.m. Pacific Time
Karen Cadiero-Kaplan, Director, English Learner Support Division, California Department of Education, and Robert Linquanti, Project Director & Senior Researcher, California Comprehensive Center at West Ed, will provide an overview of California's recently adopted English Language Development (ELD) Standards and explore implications for implementing them in tandem with the CCSS for English Language Arts and associated literacy standards for other subjects. We encourage you to attend the live webinar to interact with the presenters and other participants about this timely topic. To register, please visit the WestEd Schools Moving Up Upcoming Webinars Web page . Please send advance questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you find these updates and resources helpful, please consider forwarding this message to others who might benefit from receiving more information about CCSS implementation in California. Anyone can join by simply sending a blank e-mail message to email@example.com.
CCSS Update from CDE
1430 N Street, Suite 5602
Sacramento, CA 95814-5901
Excerpted from CDE’s External Linking Policy: The CDE is providing these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the CDE or any association with the sites' operators.
To view past CCSS Updates, please visit the CCSS Resources Listserv Archive.
Subscribe: If you would like to receive information and updates via e-mail notification, subscribe to the CCSS Update from the CDE listserv by sending a “blank” message to
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from the CCSS Update from the CDE, send a "blank" message to
Subscribe: Join the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium CDE electronic mailing list by sending a blank e-mail to