Opportunity to Participate
SBE CCSS Agenda Items
The State Board of Education (SBE) will address seven items related to Common Core State Standards (CCSS) systems implementation during its July 10–11, 2013 meeting, including the following topics:
- Update on the Activities of the California Department of Education and SBE Regarding Implementation of CCSS Systems
- Information on California’s Participation in the National Center and State Collaborative Alternate Assessment Curriculum and Instruction, Professional Development, and Assessment Activities for Students with the Most Significant Cognitive Disabilities
- Update on Statewide Assessment Transition and Smarter Balanced Assessment Development Activities
- Status of the English Language Development (ELD) Standards Implementation Plan for California
- California English Language Development Test: Update on Transitioning to the English Language Proficiency Assessments for California
- Supplemental Instructional Materials Review Aligned to the CCSS: Approval of Category 2 Mathematics Supplemental Instructional Materials.
- 2014 Mathematics Primary Adoption of Instructional Materials: Approval of Non-Instructional Quality Commissioner Facilitators.
To review these agenda items or watch the live Webcast, please visit the SBE Meeting for July 2013 Web page.
CCSS Update from CDE
1430 N Street, Suite 5602
Sacramento, CA 95814-5901
Excerpted from CDE’s External Linking Policy: The CDE is providing these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the CDE or any association with the sites' operators.
To view past CCSS Updates, please visit the CCSS Resources Listserv Archive.
Subscribe: If you would like to receive information and updates via e-mail notification, subscribe to the CCSS Update from the CDE listserv by sending a “blank” message to
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from the CCSS Update from the CDE, send a "blank" message to
Subscribe: Join the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium CDE electronic mailing list by sending a blank e-mail to