- Where is the California Department of Education Office located?
- What are your office hours?
- What does it mean when an exam is “continuous file?”
- Will I have to submit copies of my credentials or degrees?
- What is the purpose of submitting the Qualifications Assessment Questionnaire?
- Do I have to sign the Qualifications Assessment Questionnaire, Affirmation Statement, and Employment Application (STD 678)?
- How often can I apply for this examination?
- What happens after I take this examination?
- What should I do if I received a notice stating that I did not pass the examination?
- What types of benefits are available?
The California Department of Education office is located at 1430 N Street, Sacramento, CA 95814. We are at the corner of N and 15th Street downtown.
The Department’s Personnel Services Division is open from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, excluding observed holidays.
Any persons who meet the minimum qualifications may apply. Applications are accepted on a continuous basis and processed on a predetermined schedule and on an as-needed basis.
Yes. The minimum qualifications for the Education Programs Consultant classification requires a specific type of credential or degree, therefore applicable documentation MUST be submitted. Please DO NOT send originals; copies of the required documents are acceptable.
The California civil service selection system is merit-based, and eligibility for appointment is established through a formal examination process. The Qualifications Assessment Questionnaire is the selection instrument used by the Department of Education to assess the qualifications of those applying for Education Programs Consultant positions within the Department. The Qualifications Assessment Questionnaire is your test, and it is weighted 100%.
Do I have to sign the Qualifications Assessment Questionnaire, Affirmation Statement, and Employment Application (STD 678)?
Your signature on these forms verifies that the materials submitted are true/accurate to the best of your knowledge. Once signed and submitted, your application packet becomes a legal document.
Candidates who have taken and passed this examination, may not retest for twelve (12) months.
After we receive your Qualifications Assessment Questionnaire, it will be scored and you will receive your results. Candidates who pass the examination will be placed on an eligible list for hire according to your score and rank obtained. Depending on the number of Qualifications Assessment Questionnaire received, this process can take approximately 2-3 weeks to complete. The programs within Department of Education that have vacancies for Education Programs Consultant will request a copy of the eligible list to start their interview process. You will receive contact letters in the mail seeking your interest to be interviewed. The programs can interview anyone in the top three ranks (and there can be more than one person in each rank), to fill EPC openings.
Please call the phone number listed on your results notice. If you get our voice mail, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
The Following benefits are available:
- Sick leave
- Education Leave
- Holidays, Retirement (STRS and PERS)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Deferred Compensation Plans (401K, 403B, and 457 Deferred Plans)
- Medical Reimbursement Account
- Long Term Disability
- Group Legal Plan