This page is part of the California Department of Education (CDE) Web Design Standards, which only apply to specific CDE Web sites. Visit the CDE Web Standards to determine if these standards apply to a specific Web product (Web site, Web page, Web document, or Web application) that has been developed by or for the CDE.
Most Web pages (not including Web applications) on all CDE Web sites are created using Adobe's Contribute software templates. WebNETS, which is a custom software application that was created by CDE staff, is also necessary in order to create and process most Web pages on the CDE's public Internet site. Portions of these standards, where noted, apply only to CDE users of Contribute or WebNETS software; or to Web application developers.
There is required content for each Division Content Area (DCA) on the CDE Intranet. For a detailed list that includes optional and prohibited content for these sections, please see the Intranet Division Content Approval Standards (CDE Intranet).
- Branch/division/office/school name
- Superintendent/Deputy/Director/Manager name
- Branch/division/office/school mission statement
- Main phone number
- Main fax number
- Physical Location
- Branch name (for divisions and offices only)
Standards for the Required Information
- The Division Content Areas must use the Basic Page Template.
- The Zip Code should not be used in the General Information block so that the physical address is not mistaken for the mailing address.
- The font for the heading “General Information” must be a heading 2.
- The font for the remainder of the required information must be in the default font.
- Use the General Information section of the Technology Services Division content area as a guide.
- Content in the Division Content Areas must be CDE business-related only.
- Use the format on the Technology Services Division DCA as an example of the required layout.
The required "General Information" section of each division content area main page must start immediately after the first gold horizontal line (horizontal rule) on the page. Additionally, a horizontal rule must immediately follow the General Information section. To insert this horizontal rule, use the following process:
- After the final bullet in the General Information section, press the Enter key on your keyboard twice.
- Insert the horizontal rule (menu/insert/horizontal rule).
- Additional content must begin on the first available line after the horizontal rule.
|Division Content Area Approval Standards (CDE Intranet)||Outlines the content approval requirements for the CDE intranet.|