The CDE is committed to protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all of its information assets; and protecting the privacy of our personnel, students and residents of the State of California, in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Our Privacy Principles
- We are responsible for maintaining clear responsibilities for the protection of privacy and maintain a Privacy Coordinator, dedicated to managing an information privacy program.
- We collect personally identifiable information, by lawful means, and only use and retain information which is relevant and necessary.
- We disclose the personally identifiable information we collect and how we use this information, in advance, to help carry out legitimate business tasks which are consistent with purposes previously specified.
- We strive to ensure the accuracy of information.
- We have implemented procedures for reviewing and correcting the personally identifiable information we collect.
- We appropriately restrict access to personally identifiable information.
- We have established an Information Security Policy to ensure private, confidential, and/or sensitive information is protected and safeguarded.
- We use general monitoring of employee activities, to the extent necessary, to protect privacy, in accordance with applicable law.
- We do not disclose personally identifiable information to external parties, unless it is permitted or required by law.
The CDE Privacy Program Coordinator is responsible for ensuring this policy is maintained.