Notices of proposed actions to adopt, amend, or repeal regulations for the California Department of Education (CDE), the State Board of Education (SBE), and the State Superintendent of Public Instruction (SSPI) are listed below. All SBE regulations on this Web site must be submitted to and adopted by the SBE before the completed rulemaking file can be submitted to the Office of Administrative Law for review and approval.
Below are links that will provide information on how to participate in the public comment process, where and to whom written comments can be submitted and frequently asked questions with regards to the regulatory process.
State Board of Education Regulations
- California Assessment of Student Performance & Progress (CAASPP)
- Civic Center Act
- Criteria and Standards for School District Budgets and Interim Reports
- English Language Arts/English Language Development Instructional Materials Adoption (ELA/ELD)
- General Educational Development Test
- Local Control Funding Formula & Local Control and Accountability Plan Template
- Mathematics Instructional Materials
- Pupil Fees and Discrimination Complaints
- Special Education