Chief Business Officer TrainingRepository archive entry for the Chief Business Officer (CBO) Training program in the Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) Section of the CDE Web site.
Added to Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) on May 29, 2015.
This information is for historical purposes only and it is possible that information contained here may not be current.
- The CBO Training Program provided funding in three fiscal years: 2006–07, 2008–09 and 2009–10.
- California Education Code (EC) sections 44518–44519.2
Source of Appropriation/Budget Act Item
- Budget Act Item 6110-491(2) (Chapters 47 and 48, Statutes of 2006)
- Budget Act Item 6110-144-0001, Provision 1
- The CBO Training Program was a three-year program to provide training of up to 350 candidates per year. The intent of the program was to provide incentive funding to county offices of education, school districts, and direct-funded charter schools to train their CBO and CBO candidates in the areas of school finance, school operations, and leadership. Training priority was given to applicant school districts and county offices of education that were under state administration and to those whose financial statements had been certified as qualified or negative within the prior five years.
SACS Resource/Revenue Codes
7810 / 8590
- EC Section 42605 authorized complete flexibility for this funding for fiscal years 2008–09 and 2009–10. During those years, a school district, county office of education, or charter school could use funds received for any educational purpose.
Questions: California Department of Education | 916-319-0800
Last Reviewed: Friday, May 12, 2017