Center for Civic EducationRepository archive entry for the Center for Civic Education program in the Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) Section of the CDE Web site.
Added to Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) on May 29, 2015.
This information is for historical purposes only and it is possible that information contained here may not be current.
- Funded through 2012–13
- Effective 2013–14, funding for the Center for Civic Education was subsumed into the local control funding formula.
Source of Appropriation/Budget Act Item
- Budget Act Item 6110-208-0001
- Funding was appropriated for and allocated to the Center for Civic Education for the purpose of implementing a middle school and junior high school civic education program.
- The Center for Civic Education determined which local educational agencies (LEAs) could participate and provided the LEAs with the Center's curriculum. LEAs were not eligible to apply for this funding directly.
SACS Resource/Revenue Codes
- 7810 / 8590
- California Education Code Section 42605 authorized complete flexibility for this funding for fiscal years 2008–09 through 2012–13. During those years, a school district, county office of education, or charter school could use funds received for any educational purpose.
Questions: California Department of Education | 916-319-0800
Last Reviewed: Friday, May 12, 2017