Dear Workforce Investment Act, Title II Sections 225/231 and English Literacy and Civics Education Funded Agencies:
This letter is to serve as a reminder and assistance to adult education agencies funded under the Workforce Investment Act, Title II Sections 225/231 and English Literacy and Civics Education. For a list of all due dates and required submissions, please refer to the Beginning-of-Year Letter dated August 24, 2011, and the accompanying Enclosure 2 [http://staging.cde.ca.gov/sp/ae/fg/rptsched11.asp]. Data-related submissions sent to our contractor, the CASAS, must be received on or before August 15, 2012.
Any agency closing or ending the school year before June 30, 2012, must complete its data through the last day of classes and submit all end-of-year deliverables on or before August 15, 2012. Failure to submit any 2011–12 deliverables will affect current year payments and future funding.
Adult schools with high school diploma programs can claim students “Earned High School Diplomas” only when they have (a) successfully completed all coursework required by the state and local districts and (b) passed all sections of the California High School Exit Examination.
Agencies must submit the following data and accountability requirements (See Attachment 3 [http://staging.cde.ca.gov/sp/ae/fg/eoy11recommend.asp] for additional recommendations and troubleshooting tips):
- Complete the Tracking of Programs and Students (TOPSpro™) Adult Education Personnel Wizard for the 2011–12 Program Year (PY) before submitting an
agency-level export of your TOPSpro™ data (See Attachment 1 [http://staging.cde.ca.gov/sp/ae/fg/eoy11tracking.asp].
- Complete and submit an agency-level export of your TOPSpro™ data (See Attachment 1).
- Create, print, and submit (via mail, e-mail, or fax) a Data Integrity Report from your TOPSpro™ database for the full 2011–12 PY: July 1, 2011, to June 30, 2012 (See Attachment 1).
- Create, print, and submit (via mail, e-mail, or fax) a Payment Points Summary Report from your TOPSpro™ database for the full 2011–12 PY: July 1, 2011, to June 30, 2012 (See Attachment 1).
- Complete and mail the End-of-Year Data Submission Certification Letter (Attachment 2 [http://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/ae/fg/documents/eoy11cert.doc]).
- Enter the results of your Third Quarter Core Performance Follow-Up Measures Survey by visiting the CASAS Web site at https://www.casas.org/ for the period July 1, 2011, to March 31, 2012. Even if you do not need to send out surveys, you must still enter zeroes online for the “Number of Surveys Sent” and click “Submit as Complete.”
- Enter the results of your Fourth Quarter Core Performance Measures Follow-Up Survey by visiting the CASAS Web site at https://www.casas.org/ for the full 2011–12 PY: July 1, 2011, to June 30, 2012, no later than October 31, 2012.
Please ensure your agency’s submissions reach CASAS on or before August 15, 2012. Your agency’s primary contact should receive an e-mail confirmation from CASAS for each of these deliverables within one week of the date received. If you do not receive a confirmation for a specific deliverable, it was probably not received by CASAS, and agencies should follow up to avoid noncompliance issues.
If you need further assistance, please contact the CASAS California Accountability Program Manager, by phone at 1-800-255-1036 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gordon Jackson, Assistant Superintendent
Coordinated Student Support and Adult Education Division
California Department of Education
1430 N Street, Suite 6408
Sacramento, CA 95814-5901