Before submitting your agency’s end-of-year Tracking of Programs and Students™ (TOPSpro™) data, it is recommended that you review it to identify any potential problems. The reports listed below are designed to assist you in maintaining complete and accurate data.
Tools for “Cleaning Up” your TOPSpro™ Data:
Revalidate Database: On the Wizards menu choose Revalidate Database. This process verifies the internal relations of your database. Use this feature whenever you make changes to the required fields.
Batch Repair: On the Tools menu select Batch Repair. Select Test, Entry, or Update Records. Use Batch Repair to correct records after scanning. When correcting records, keep answer sheets on hand so that you can make all corrections simply by reviewing the “scannable” form.Reports for Discovering Problems and Repairing Records:
- Record Inventory Report: On the Reports menu, point to Data and Class Management and select Record Inventory by Agency. This report displays the number of records in an instructional program, class, or agency. You may use the Incomplete Aggregated Records Report to follow up on issues identified by the Record Inventory Report.
- Incomplete Aggregated Records Report: On the Reports menu, point to Data and Class Management and select Incomplete Aggregated Records. This report specifies missing information from the Student, Entry, Update, and Test records of individual students.
- Data Integrity Audit: On the Reports menu, point to Data and Class Management, select Data Integrity, and click Data Integrity Audit by Agency. This report lists all data issues by student name.
- Data Integrity Exceptions: On the Reports menu, point to Data and Class Management, select Data Integrity, and click Data Integrity Exceptions. This report provides similar information to the Data Integrity Audit Report, but it lists information by item number rather than by student name.
- Payment Points Monitor Report: On the Reports menu, point to State Reports and select Payment Points Monitor. This report shows payment point attainment at the class and student-level, and any existing drop reasons for each student.
- Payment Points Exceptions Report: On the Reports menu, point to State Reports, and select Payment Points Exceptions. This report lists students by drop reason, enabling an agency to complete missing data or understand why a student may not have generated a payment point.
- Student Gains by Class: On the Reports menu, point to State Reports, and select Student Gains by Class. This report shows student-level test history, hours of instruction, gains, preliminary significant gain, and two-level advancement, as well as drop codes. This report can help to make testing decisions or estimate payment points.
- English Literacy and Civics Education (EL Civics) Specific Reports: On the Reports menu, point to EL Civics. The following reports can assist in identifying potential data problems in your agency’s EL Civics Program:
- The EL Civics Monitor Report shows student-level data and any existing drop reasons.
- The EL Civics Exceptions Report lists students according to drop reason, enabling agencies to identify missing data.
- The Class Summary Report lists EL Civics classes and the total number of students in each class.
- The Additional Assessments Report verifies an agency’s authorized form numbers.