For All Agencies Receiving Workforce Investment Act (WIA), Title II Federal Funding
Federally funded agencies must complete the following requirements which must be received on or before the deadlines listed on Enclosure 2. Failure to submit all required deliverables by all due dates will result in the California Department of Education (CDE) placing a hold on the agency’s grant funds until missing items are received. Instructions for submitting and reporting are as follows:
A representative from each WIA, Title II funded agency must complete one accountability training and one implementation training by June 30, 2012 each year. For more information about these training sessions, and to register, please go to Comprehensive Adult Students Assessment System (CASAS) or California Adult Education Training .
Data Collection Instructions
- Collect data on all eligible learners attending between July 1, 2011, and June 30, 2012.
- Complete an entry record for each learner in any WIA, Title II funded instructional program as soon as the learner enters class.
- Complete an Update Record for all learners who have 12 or more hours of instruction.
- Administer both a pre- and post-test to all WIA, Title II learners.
- Manually enter or scan records into the Tracking of Programs and Students (TOPSpro) software system. Assessment regulations require that you enter or scan records into TOPSpro each quarter, and that each quarterly data submission is as complete as possible.
Data Reporting Requirements (see Enclosure 2)
- Submit quarterly and end-of-year data to CASAS. All data submissions must be received by CASAS on or before each due date.
- Disseminate the Core Performance Follow-Up Measures Survey each quarter to students who exited the program the previous quarter, and enter all results at CASAS on or before each due date.
- English Literacy and Civics Education (EL Civics) Civic Objectives and Additional Assessment Plans as required must be submitted to CASAS on or before October 31, 2011 (for EL Civics-funded agencies only).
- Annually complete the EL Civics Technology Plan and submit to Outreach and Technical Assistance Network by January 31, 2012 (For EL Civics funded agencies only).
- Annually complete the WIA, Title II Program Implementation Survey online and submit on or before April 30, 2012.
- Annually certify that procedures for collecting and reporting data conform to National Reporting Systems standards and submit the End-of-Year Data Submission Certification Letter. This requirement must be received by CASAS on or before August 15, 2012.
- Annually complete the WIA, Title II Adult Education Personnel Wizard in TOPSpro before submitting end-of-year TOPSpro data. This requirement must be received by CASAS on or before August 15, 2012.
- Annually complete the Grant Award Budget and final expenditure claim report. These requirements must be received by the CDE Adult Education Office, by due dates listed in Enclosure 2.
Agencies may submit a PDF copy of their quarterly Data Integrity Report via e-mail at email@example.com; CASAS will not accept quarterly TOPSpro data submissions via e-mail; variations in e-mail implementation make it difficult to secure personally identifiable student data. Also, be sure your agency submits all requirements as one complete package before each deadline.