Requirements for Data Collection, Reporting, and Training
The Workforce Investment Act, Title II: Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) agencies must complete the following requirements, which must be completed and received by the deadlines listed below (see Attachment 2).
Data Accountability and Implementation Training
At least one representative from each funded agency must complete one National Reporting System (NRS) California Accountability training and one Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment System (CASAS) Implementation training by January 31, 2014. The California Department of Education (CDE) encourages local agencies to adopt a team approach for training and continuous improvement in managing data outcomes. For more information about training sessions and registration, please go to CASAS or California Adult Education Training .
- Collect data on all AEFLA learners between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2014.
- Complete enrollment information for each learner in any AEFLA-funded instructional program as soon as the learner enters class.
- Update all learners who have 12 or more hours of instruction.
- Administer a CASAS pre- and post-test to all AEFLA adult learners.
- Manually enter, scan, or transfer records into the TOPSpro® Enterprise software. These records must be completed each quarter, and each quarterly data submission must be as complete as possible.
- Submit quarterly and end-of-year data to CASAS. All data submissions must be received by CASAS on or before each due date.
- Conduct the Core Performance Follow-Up Measures Survey each quarter for students who exited the program the previous quarter and qualified for one of the designated NRS follow-up cohorts. Enter survey results in TOPSpro® Enterprise on or before each due date.
- English Literacy and Civics Education (EL Civics) Objectives and Additional Assessment Plans, as required, must be submitted to CASAS on or before the due date (for EL Civics-funded agencies only).
- Annually complete the EL Civics Technology Plan and submit to the Outreach and Technical Assistance Network by January 31, 2014 (for EL Civics-funded agencies only). Annually complete and submit the online AEFLA Program Implementation Survey by April 30, 2014.
- Annually certify that local procedures for collecting and reporting data conform to the NRS Standards and the California Assessment Policy Guidelines 2013 posted at Adult Education Resources and that local policies have been updated in accordance with the Local Assessment Policy Guidelines (a template is located at Adult Education Resources); submit the End-of-Year Data Submission Certification Letter to CASAS on or before August 15, 2014.
- Annually complete the Adult Education Personnel information, as well as the Years of Experience and Certifications personnel tables in TOPSpro® Enterprise before submitting end-of-year TOPSpro® Enterprise data. This must be received by CASAS on or before August 15, 2014.
- Annually complete the Grant Award Budget and Final Expenditure Claim Report. These must be received by the CDE Adult Education Office by the due dates listed in Attachment 2.
Agencies may submit a PDF copy of their quarterly Data Integrity Report via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The CASAS will not accept quarterly TOPSpro® Enterprise data submissions via e-mail. Variations in e-mail implementation make it difficult to secure personally identifiable student data. Agencies must submit all requirements listed in Attachment 2 on or before each deadline.