Child Development Division
|Subject: Reporting Requirements Pursuant to Management Bulletin 11-21||Number: 11-35|
|Authority: Chapter 7, Statutes of 2011 (Senate Bill 70). Education Code sections 8201, 8208, 8263, and 8447.||
Date: November 2011
Expires: Until Rescinded
Attention: Executive Officers and Program Directors of All Child Care and Development Programs except CalWORKs Stage 2 and 3
The purpose of this Management Bulletin (MB) is to provide additional instructions to all child care and development contractors, except CalWORKs Stage 2 and 3 contractors, on the process for reporting the number of families and children disenrolled or unable to access services because of the reduction in contracted service levels from the implementation of Senate Bill (SB) 70 (Chapter 7, Statutes of 2011). Contractors are also to report the staff positions eliminated because of the reduction in contracted service levels.
SB 70 added Section 8263.2 to the California Education Code (EC). EC Section 8263.2(a) requires the California Department of Education (CDE) to reduce the Maximum Reimbursable Amounts (MRA) for all contracted child care and development service programs, except CalWORKs Stage 2, effective July 1, 2011. MB 11–21 instructed child care and development contractors on the process for disenrolling families as a result of the reduction in contracted service levels from the implementation of SB 70. It also required contractors to report the number of families, children, and employees affected by the reduction in services.
Using the attached reporting document (Attachment A) (XLS), all contractors, except CalWORKs Stage 2 and 3 must report to the CDE, as instructed below.
- Column A. Name of contracted agency
- Column B. Contract Type
- Using the drop down menu, please report separately for each contract type.
- Column C. County(ies) where services were provided
- Using the drop down menu, report separately for each county where services are provided in.
- Column D. Number of families issued a Notice of Action pursuant to MB 11–21
- Column E. Number of children disenrolled pursuant to MB 11–21
- Column F.
Number of children that were unable to access services after July 1, 2011, because of the reduction in your contract MRA. For example:
- A child is terminated because he/she aged out of the program. Count any child space that was not backfilled.
- The family is terminated for ineligibility. Count any child(ren) space(s) that was not backfilled.
- A classroom was closed because of the funding reduction. Report the number of children who would have been served in the classroom.
- Column G.
Number of staff positions eliminated from agency budget on or after July 1, 2011. This would include:
- Any position not backfilled
Please complete the attached report form and e-mail the completed form to Gretchen Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org by the submission dates indicated below.
|Submission Date||Data to Report|
|November 28, 2011, if possible;
No later than December 2, 2011
From July 1, 2011, to October 31, 2011
|May 11, 2012||
From November 1, 2011, to April 30, 2012
It is critical that we obtain accurate data on the full impact of SB 70 funding reductions. If you have already reported to the CDE, please resubmit the information using the new data reporting form.
Questions regarding the information in this MB should be addressed to email@example.com.
This Management Bulletin is mandatory only to the extent that it cites a specific statutory and/or regulatory requirement or required by court order. Any portion of this Management Bulletin that is not supported by a specific statutory and/or regulatory requirement is not prescriptive pursuant to California Education Code Section 33308.5.