Number of Children Served by Program Type1 During State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2008-09
|Program Type||Children (N)|
|General Child Care||
|CalWORKs Stage 2||
|CalWORKs Stage 3||
|Part-Day State Preschool||
|Full-Day State Preschool||
|PreKindergarten Family Literacy Part-Day||
|PreKindergarten Family Literacy Full-Day||
|Extended Day (Latchkey)||
|General Migrant Care||
Source: CDD-801A Monthly Child Care Reports for SFY 2008-09.
Note: Data summarized in this table represent an unduplicated count of children by program type who received subsidized child care and development services any time during the SFY. These data do not reflect the number of children served during a given month. Missing and unknown data are excluded.
1 The list below provides the names and contracts included within each program type:
- General Child Care includes the following program contracts: Center-Based Child Care (CCTR) and Family Child Care Homes (CFCC).
- CalWORKs Stage 2 includes the following program contract: CalWORKs Stage 2 (C2AP).
- CalWORKs Stage 3 includes the following program contract: CalWORKs Stage 3 (C3AP).
- Alternative Payment includes the following program contracts: Alternative Payment (CAPP) and Migrant Alternative Payment (CMAP).
- Part-Day State Preschool includes the following program contract: Part-Day State Preschool (CPRE).
- Full-Day State Preschool includes the following program contract: Full-Day State Preschool (CFDP). The Full-Day State Preschool program is funded with both General Child Care & Development funds and State Preschool funds. Each funding source accounts for approximately one-half of the total CFDP funding.
- PreKindergarten Family Literacy Part-Day includes the following program contract: PreKindergarten Family Literacy Part-Day (CPKP).
- PreKindergarten Family Literacy Full-Day includes the following program contract: PreKindergarten Family Literacy Full-Day (CPKF).
- Extended Day (Latchkey) includes the following program contract: Latchkey (CLTK).
- General Migrant Care includes the following program contract: Center-Based Migrant Child Care (CMIG).
- Severely Handicapped includes the following program contract: Severely Handicapped Care (CHAN).
2 Child counts are unduplicated within each program type. A child may be counted more than once if they received services within multiple program types during the year. The total does not equal the sum of the rows. Rather, the total represents the unduplicated number of children served regardless of program type.