2016 Accountability Leadership Institute17th Annual Accountability Leadership Institute for English Learner and Immigrant Students.
Accountability Leadership Institute (ALI) for English Learner and Immigrant Student Programs
The purpose of this annual two-day institute is to provide Title III technical assistance and professional development to superintendents, administrators, program evaluators and other local leadership. The Institute focuses on best practices related to effective programs, student achievement, and accountability systems for English learners.
Dates and Hotel
- Date of Event: December 4-5, 2017
- Event Location:
Sheraton Gateway LAX
6101 W. Century Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Reserve your room now (link goes live September 1, 2017)
- District, school, and program administrators are encouraged to register early as space is limited.
- This year's focus: Coming Soon
- Registration Fee: $425 for Early Registration (after October 13: $450 Late Registration)
- NO REFUNDS
- Registration Deadline: November 9, 2017 (No Onsite Registration)
- Registrant check-in: Sunday, December 3, 2017 from 4-6 p.m.
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
- The Every Student Succeeds Act
- English Learner Accountability
- Local Control and Accountability Plan Integration
- Integrated and Designated English Language Development
- Newcomer Programs
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Programs for English Learners
- Long Term English Learners
- English Learner Roadmap
- Special Education and English Learners
- Gifted Education and English Learners
- Parent Engagement
- Title III Basics and English Learner Program Update
- English Learners in California's Frameworks
- English Language Proficiency Assessments of California Update
- California Spanish Assessments Update
- ...and more
- To access the 2015-16 ALI materials, visit MyDigitalChalkboard
- To access the archived (2009-2014) ALI materials, visit the Santa Clara County Office of Education Multilingual Education Services Web page
- View Dr. Kenji Hakuta's "Freedom to Talk" (Video) and "Lifting the Language" (Video)
- For questions regarding the Institute or Program, please contact the Language Policy and Leadership Office by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions regarding registration, please contact the Contract and Conference Services Office by e-mail at email@example.com.
- For questions regarding hotel reservations (after September 1, 2017), please contact the Sheraton Gateway LAX directly at 310-642-1111.