Title III and TItle IX StatutesTItle III statute and releated sections of Title IX statutes. The primary section headers of the statute are each linked to the corresponding text of that section.
Title III statute and related sections of Title IX statutes. The primary section headers of the statute are each linked to the corresponding text of that section. Subsections of particular interest have been included to assist the reader but are not linked directly.
Text written in italics has been added to assist the reader and is not part of the statutory language.
- Sec. 3001. Authorizations of appropriations; condition on effectiveness of parts.
- Sec. 3111.
Formula grants to states.
In General - subgrants for LEP students
Required Reservations - subgrants for eligible immigrant students
- Sec. 3112. Native American and Alaska native children in school.
- Sec. 3113. State and specially qualified agency plans.
- Sec. 3114. Within-state allocations.
Subgrants to eligible entities.
Purpose of (LEP student) subgrants
Required subgrantee activities
Authorized subgrantee activities
Activities by agencies experiencing substantial increases in immigrant children and youth
Supplement not supplant
- Sec. 3116. Local Plans.
- Sec. 3121. Evaluations.
- Sec. 3122. Achievement objectives and accountability.
- Sec. 3123. Reporting requirements.
- Sec. 3124. Coordination with related programs.
- Sec. 3125. Rules of construction.
- Sec. 3126. Legal authority under state law.
- Sec. 3127. Civil rights.
- Sec. 3128. Programs for Native Americans and Puerto Rico.
- Sec. 3129. Prohibition.
National Professional Development Project.
- Sec. 3141. Eligible Entity.
Note: Sec. 3001 states that Part B shall be in effect only for a fiscal year for which Part A is not in effect. Since Congress allocated the required minimum of $650 million in Title III funds, Part A is in effect at this time and therefore Part B is not included here.
- Sec. 3301. Definitions.
- Sec. 3302. Parental notification.
- Sec. 3303. National Clearinghouse.
- Sec. 3304. Regulations.
- Sec. 9501. Participation by private school children and teachers.
- Sec. 9502. Standards for by-pass.
- Sec. 9503. Complaint process for participation of private school children.
- Sec. 9504. By-pass determination process.
- Sec. 9505. Prohibition against funds for religious worship or instruction.
- Sec. 9506. Private, religious, and home schools.