Title III Accountability Requirements 2012
Resources for local educational agencies (LEAs) that did not meet the Annual Measurable Achievement Objectives (AMAOs) based upon data from the 2012 Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) Report and the 2011-12 Accountability Report.
LEAs and consortium leads subject to Title I, Title II, and Title III Accountability requirements under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) are notified by letter of their improvement status.
The LEA or Consortia is subject to Title III accountability requirements based on the number of years missed, as defined in the ESEA, Section 3122.
Technical Assistance Orientation for LEAs in Year 2 and Year 4 Improvement Status
LEA and Consortium Accountability Requirements
Title III Year One
Title III Year Two
Title III Year Three
Title III Year Four
Title III Year Four Plus
Parent Notification for Consortia sample letter
- Sample Parent Consortia Notification Letter (DOC)
- Sample Parent Consortia Notification Letter, Spanish Version (DOC)
Program Improvement Status Resources
- Titles I, II, and III Accountability Requirements Web Resources
- All Reports, Data Files, and Documentation for Title III Accountability
Technical Assistance Resources
- Title III Year 2 Powerpoint: The improvement Plan Addendum (Oct 2010; PPT)
- Title III Year 4 Powerpoint: Requirements for Not Meeting AMAOs (Oct 2010; PPT; 7MB)
The Web pages for the state program self-assessment tools for LEA use are located below: