Data Collection & Reporting
Searchable databases and software for reporting and retrieving special education related information.
California Special Education Programs: A Composite of Laws
Nonpublic, Nonsectarian Schools and Agencies Certification Data Worksheet (XLS; 2MB; Updated 09-May-2013)
The Nonpublic Schools and Agencies (NPS/As) spreadsheet contains certification information regarding all of the NPS/As certified by the California Department of Education. This spreadsheet contains the same information contained in the former database, as well as additional information not previously available.
- Nonpublic Schools/Agencies Certification Applications (Updated 03-May-2013)
New process for submitting Nonpublic, Nonsectarian School/Agency Certification Applications.
- Nonpublic Schools/Agencies Out-of-State Placement (DOC; Posted 05-Aug-2010)
Reporting requirements for out-of-state nonpublic, nonsectarian school and agency placement.
- Nonpublic Schools/Agencies FAQ (Removed 12-Jun-2012)
This page is currently being reviewed and revised.
- Nonpublic Schools/Agencies Legal Advisory
Waivers and Retroactive Reimbursement to Parents who have made Unilateral Placements in an NPS/A prior to July 1, 1998 or, on or after July 1, 1998.
- Nonpublic School/Agency Waiver Request (DOC; Updated 13-Jul-2010)
Instructions and form for submitting Nonpublic School/Agency waivers under the jurisdiction of the Superintendent of Public Instruction pursuant to the provisions found in Education Code Section 56366.
Special Education Local Plans
- Required components to comply with Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) as amended in 2004, accompanying regulations, and the California Education Code (Updated 27-Mar-2013)
Education Management Information System (CASEMIS)
Special Education Enrollment Data
- Annual Performance Report Measures, 2010-11 (Posted 06-Jul-2012)
Short summaries of special education program and student outcome data for California LEAs.
Reports for accountability, enrollment, graduates, dropouts, course enrollments, staffing, English Learners, and test data.
Provides statistics and information on a variety of subjects
concerning education in California.