Purpose of Work
Region 10 provides leadership, resources, and assistance to schools and districts receiving Title I funds to move all students to proficiency in state standards and to close the achievement gap. Region 10 emphasizes services for Program Improvement (PI) districts and schools.
Region 10 consists of four counties located in southern and eastern California: Mono, Inyo, San Bernardino, and Riverside. The two northern counties: Mono and Inyo, feature small, isolated, rural districts and a relatively higher percentage of Native American and white students than the southern counties. The two southern counties: San Bernardino and Riverside, feature a wider variety of district demographics, but mostly larger, more urban and suburban districts with large percentages of Hispanic students and English learners. The southern counties also have a slightly higher percentage of students on free and reduced-price meals than the northern counties.
Context of WorkRegion 10 provides the following services:
- Train PI LEAs and LEAs with large numbers of PI schools in the use of state-developed tools and protocols to complete the LEA Plan Addenda.
- Assist LEA staff in the development of District/School Liaison Teams to work with LEAs and school-level staff members in implementing the LEA Plan Addenda and share successful practices within the counties and the region.
- Provide information, leadership, and networking opportunities for district categorical directors, directors of English learner programs, and instructional leaders in the effective, efficient implementation of new legislation and categorical programs supporting Title I students.
- Train and facilitate LEA and school staff members in a planning process regarding mandated responsibilities to schools in PI years 3, 4, and 5.
- Provide information, leadership, coaching, and networking opportunities explicitly focused on increasing teacher/administrator effectiveness in working with English learners and students with disabilities.
- Promote the implementation of effective and efficient professional learning communities and the Essential Program Components through coordination and integration with each respective county-based technical assistance provider such as the Riverside County Achievement Team in Riverside County and the California Technology Assistance Project.
Region 10 offers technical assistance and support to districts receiving Title I funds through a variety of venues. The Region 10 office is located at the Riverside COE, 3939 13th Street, Riverside, CA 92502-0868. You may contact Russell Frank, Director, at 951-826-6792 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. To obtain a complete listing of current and future technical activities, visit the Region 10 RSDSS Web site .