- Each presentation must identify one lead presenter and may include a maximum of four co-presenters for inclusion in the Title I Conference Program.
- Each presentation should provide an overview of an effective program, practice, or strategy, and provide an opportunity for participants to actively engage in the ideas when appropriate.
- Each presentation proposal shall adhere to the stipulated character limit (see items 1, 6, 8, 9, and 10 in the attached Presentation Proposal Form). To determine the number of characters, including spaces/punctuation, highlight the section, go to the Review tab, and click on Word Count.
- Presentations are limited to 60 minutes (one hour).
- Presenters are responsible for bringing handouts and other supplies necessary for their presentation.
- The names of the lead presenter and up to four co-presenters will be published in the conference program along with each person’s professional affiliation (e.g., name of school district, county office of education, other educational agency).
- The selected presenters will be provided with additional information from the conference organizers and have an opportunity to discuss additional presentation needs.
Proposal Submission, Review, and Selection
- Please submit any questions by e-mail to the 2014 California Title I Conference mailbox at TitleIconference@cde.ca.gov. In the subject line, please indicate Question.
- Please submit the completed Presentation Proposal Form by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 8, 2013 to the 2014 California Title I Conference mailbox at TitleIconference@cde.ca.gov. In the subject line please state, Conference Proposal.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Content relevance to Title I, conference theme, strands, and audience
- Inclusion of proven practices and/or research-based strategies
- Intended outcomes for attendees
- Lead presenter experience with the session content
We anticipate that selected presenters will be notified by Wednesday, December 11, 2013. All correspondence regarding proposals will be sent by e-mail to the lead presenter only. It is the lead presenter's responsibility to communicate all conference information to co-presenters in a timely manner. The date, time, and location of each session will be determined by the conference organizers.
Visit the CDE California Title I Conference [http://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/sw/t1/title1conf.asp] Web page.