Navigating the Way for California's Future
The 2016 California Title I Conference, “Navigating the Way for California’s Future,” is scheduled for March 1-3, 2016, at the Sheraton Gateway hotel in Los Angeles, California. The purpose of the conference is to provide a forum for sharing promising practices, practical strategies, and innovative ideas that support equitable learning experiences for all students.
Nationally renowned speakers, powerful breakout sessions about timely topics, and access to technical assistance from the staff of the California Department of Education (CDE) will be featured. Also, workshops will be available providing suggestions for the effective implementation of Title I, Part A, of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act.
The conference is designed for administrators, teachers, and other education leaders who serve children from low-income families, as well as parents/guardians and community leaders who partner with schools to help ensure that all children meet California’s rigorous academic requirements.
Conveniently located near the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) at:
Sheraton Gateway Hotel
6101 W. Century Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Call for Presenters
The Improvement and Accountability Division of the California Department of Education (CDE) is now accepting proposals for the 2016 California Title I Conference. We are seeking experienced, engaging, and energetic presenters. We invite you to submit a formal proposal for review. Workshop topics should be of interest to the greater Title I community and fit with this year’s conference theme: Navigating the Way for California’s Future.
- The completed Workshop Proposal Form must be submitted electronically by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, September 27, 2015.
- Incomplete and/or late proposals will not be reviewed.
- The Lead Presenter is responsible for completing and submitting the Workshop Proposal Form.
- One presenter, per selected workshop proposal, will be awarded one complimentary conference registration.
- All presenters are responsible for their own travel and lodging arrangements, reservations, cancellations, and expenses.
- Presenters are responsible for bringing handouts for at least 100 participants per workshop.
- Selected presenters will be notified by Monday, November 2, 2015.
How to Submit a Proposal
- Please carefully read all of the instructions, including guidelines, information, conference strand titles, suggested content topics, and proposal submission and evaluation criteria.
- The Workshop Proposal Form must be submitted electronically by the Lead Presenter.
- Lead Presenters not employed by the CDE must access the Call for Presenters Workshop Proposal Form and Guidelines using the links listed under External Presenters below.
- Lead Presenters employed by the CDE must access the Call for Presenters Workshop Proposal Form and Guidelines (CDE Staff Only) using the links listed under Internal Presenters below.
- Workshop proposals may identify a maximum of four co-presenters. Note: Co-presenters may include CDE Staff and/or individuals who are not employed at the CDE.
- The Workshop Proposal Form will not be accepted via fax, e-mail, and/or U.S. mail.
- The Workshop Proposal Form and Guidelines may be accessed below.
Workshop Proposal Forms
Very Important: Please select the correct Call for Presenters Workshop Proposal Form and corresponding Guidelines.
- Lead Presenters who are Staff of the CDE should complete the Call for Presenters Workshop Proposal Form (CDE Staff Only).
- The Call for Presenters Workshop Proposal Form for External Presenters would be selected when a CDE Staff person is not the Lead Presenter even if a CDE Staff person is a co-presenter.
Links to the online Call for Presenters Workshop Proposal Form and Call for Presenters Guidelines may be accessed below:
- Call for Presenters Workshop Proposal Form (CDE Staff Only)
- Call for Presenters Guidelines (CDE Staff Only) (DOC; New 08-Jul-2015)
Please submit any questions regarding the Call for Presenters to the 2016 California Title I Conference mailbox by e-mail at TitleIconference@cde.ca.gov.
Stay in Touch
Don’t miss out on any updates regarding the 2016 California Title I Conference, sign up for the listserv and/or Twitter account.
If you would like to receive updates via e-mail notification regarding the 2016 California Title I Conference, please subscribe to the listserv by sending a blank message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to unsubscribe from the listserv, send a blank message to email@example.com.
Follow our 2016 California Title I Conference Twitter account @CATitleIConf to receive regular updates regarding scheduling, content, and speakers.