API ReportsPrintable state, county, district, and school level reports for the Academic Performance Index (API).
On March 13, 2014, the State Board of Education (SBE) approved not to calculate the API for local educational agencies (LEAs) and schools for the 2014 and 2015 academic years. As a result, the 2014, 2015, and 2016 API reports will not be produced.
The SBE and the California Department of Education (CDE) are in the process of developing a new accountability system to replace the API to better measure our State's educational goals.
On September 8, 2016, the SBE approved key elements of a new school accountability system.
API Reports for 2014, 2015, and 2016 Will Not Be Produced
- Reports and data files are based on test results of the Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) Program, the California High School Exit Examination (CAHSEE), and the California Alternate Performance Assessment (CAPA).
- Reported data may change due to a number of factors, such as:
- School districts correcting errors in demographic data
- The California Department of Education (CDE) reviewing and identifying additional data errors
- Schools identified as having incomplete data