Skip to content
Printer-friendly version

API Survey for Adding New Indicators in the API

The California Department of Education is developing new indicators to include in the high school Academic Performance Index and is seeking input regarding these indicators through an online survey.

The California Department of Education (CDE) annually calculates the Academic Performance Index (API) to measure the academic performance and progress of every California public school. Currently the API is based solely on statewide assessment results. Beginning in 2015–16, state assessment results may not constitute more than 60 percent of a high school's API. The remaining 40 percent of a high school's API must be from indicators other than state assessments, such as graduation and college and career indicators.

To help with the important task of adding new indicators into the high school API, the CDE invites you to participate in a brief survey on this topic. Before taking the survey, you may want to view a nine-minute video which provides background on two possible indicators (i.e., graduation and college and career). Viewing the video is not required to participate in the survey.

The survey will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. The survey will end on June 20, 2013.

Related Content
Questions: Academic Accountability Team | aau@cde.ca.gov | 916-319-0863 
Download Free Readers