Approved by the State Board of Education in July 2008
Throughout the Template
- All references to years have been modified to reflect the reporting of newer data.
- All tables and text boxes now indicate the time period for which data is requested, as appropriate.
- Sections have been renumbered, as appropriate, to accommodate new information required by the passage of Assembly Bill 1061 (Mullin, 2007).
- The following tables have been deleted from the 2007–08 SARC Template:
- Participation in Class Size Reduction Program
- School Discipline Practices
- Substitute Teacher Availability
- Teacher Evaluation Process
- Local Assessment Results
- NRT Results for All Students - Three-Year Comparison
- NRT Results by Student Group - Most Recent Year
- State Award and Intervention Programs
- College Admission Test Preparation Program
- SAT Reasoning Test
- School Instruction and Leadership
- Instructional Minutes
- Minimum Days in School Year
- Continuation School Instructional Day
- References to specific years have been modified to reflect the reporting of newer data.
Section I. Data and Access (Added)
Text Box: DataQuest
Text is added to indicate that DataQuest is an online tool which contains additional information about this school and provides comparisons to district, county, and state information.
Text Box: Internet Access
Text is added to indicate that Internet access is available at public libraries and other locations that are publicly available.
Section VII. Curriculum and Instructional Materials
Table: Quality, Currency, and Availability of Textbooks and Instructional Materials (Fiscal Year 2008–09)
The table has been modified to include information concerning the sufficiency of textbooks and instructional materials for Visual and Performing Arts.
Section IX. Student Performance
Text Box: California High School Exit Examination
Text is added to indicate that while the California High School Exit Examination (CAHSEE) is primarily used as a graduation requirement, the grade 10 results of this exam are also used to establish the percentages of students at three proficiency levels (not proficient, proficient, or advanced) in English-Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics in order to computer Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) designations as required by the federal No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act of 2001.
Table: CAHSEE Results by Performance Level for All Students - Three-Year Comparison
The title for this table has been modified to indicate that the CAHSEE test results are presented by performance level for the three-year comparison of proficiency in ELA and Mathematics.
Table: CAHSEE Results by Performance Level for Student Groups - Most Recent Year
The title for this table has been modified to indicate that, for the current year, the CAHSEE test results for student groups are presented by performance level in ELA and Mathematics.
Section XI. School Completion and Postsecondary Preparation
Text Box: Admission Requirements for California Public Universities (Added)
Text Box: University of California
Text is added to describe admission requirements to the University of California and provide an online link to such information.
Text Box: California State University
Text is added to describe admission requirements to the California State University and provide an online link to such information.