Updated 2015–16 SARC Information
Dear Accountability Coordinators:
UPDATED 2015–16 SCHOOL ACCOUNTABILITY REPORT CARD INFORMATION
This letter is a follow-up to the letter dated November 9, 2016, regarding the remaining elements of pre-populated School Accountability Report Card (SARC) data (http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/ac/sa/).
The California Department of Education (CDE) will pre-populate the SARC Web Application with the following SARC table data elements by January 13, 2017:
- Suspensions and Expulsions
- Courses for University of California (UC) and/or California State University (CSU) Admission: 2014–15 Graduates Who Completed All Courses Required for UC/CSU Admission
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the following data elements are not available and therefore will not be pre-populated in the SARC Web Application by the CDE by the February 1, 2017, deadline:
- Courses for University of California (UC) and/or California State University (CSU) Admission: 2015–16 Pupils Enrolled in Courses Required for UC/CSU Admission
- Average Class Size and Class Size Distribution (Elementary)
- Average Class Size and Class Size Distribution (Secondary)
- Advanced Placement Courses
Local educational agencies (LEAs) should use local data sources (i.e., their own student information system [SIS]) to populate the SARC tables listed above that will not be pre-populated in the SARC Web Application by the CDE this year. Please note, while the CDE currently provides a significant majority of the data in the SARC Web Application to LEAs as a courtesy, LEAs are ultimately responsible for the accuracy and completion of their schools’ entire SARCs.
If you have any questions, you may contact the SARC Team by phone at 916-319-0406 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Jonathan Isler, Administrator
Data Visualization and Reporting Office
Analysis, Measurement, and Accountability Reporting Division