Eligibility for the 2013 Classified School Employee of the Year Program is limited to candidates who are successful as finalists in their local county process and meet the following minimum criteria:
- Current classified employee of a California public school (preschool through grade twelve), including charter schools,
school districts, and county offices of education
- Rank and file employee, not in a management or supervisory position
- Minimum of five years of service in nomination category, with no minimum full-time equivalent
Nominations will be accepted for staff in the following six categories:
The work of this candidate must be directly related to food handling and/or preparation.
- Examples: cook, cafeteria worker
Maintenance, Operations, and Facilities
The work of this candidate must be directly related to maintenance services or operations services.
- Examples: technology support, custodian, electrician, carpenter, groundskeeper, mechanic
Office and Technical
The work of this candidate must be directly related to clerical, secretarial, or technological duties.
- Examples: accountant, network engineer, programmer, secretary, attendance clerk
Para-Educator and Instructional Assistance
The work of this candidate must provide direct instructional services to students.
- Examples: classroom assistant, instructional aide, library assistant
Support Services and Security
The work of this candidate must be directly related to security of students and/or property or work which has duties that are not
covered under any of the other categories.
- Examples: campus security monitor, health aide, community outreach assistant
The work of this candidate must be directly related to student transportation.
- Examples: bus driver, dispatcher, mechanic