California Teachers of the YearRecognizes exemplary teachers who best represent all of California's teachers and symbolize the profession's contributions to quality education.
Presented by California Casualty, the California Department of Education (CDE) invites county offices of education, school districts, charter schools, professional organizations, and private schools statewide to participate in the California Teachers of the Year Program for 2016. This program highlights educational innovation, student learning, and the rewards of teaching. Further, the program attracts public attention to the positive aspects of our educational system. Teacher quality—recruitment as well as retention—ranks high on every educational agenda in the state.
Congratulations to our 2016 Honorees!
2017 Program Information (New 2/29/2016)
- Program Overview
- Timeline of Activities
- Eligibility, Application, and Selection
- District and County Office Participation
- Teacher of the Year Duties
- Comments from Past Participants
- National Teacher of the Year Program
- CalEdFacts Individual Awards/Recognition Programs Section
California Department of Education's information and media guide about education in the State of California. For information on other topics, visit the full CalEdFacts.
- Instructions for County Coordinators
- How to Use the Application Fill-In Form
- Application Instructions (DOC)
- Application Form (DOC)
- 2015 Honorees
- 2014 Honorees
- 2013 Honorees
- 2012 Honorees
- 2011 Honorees
- 2010 Honorees
- Previous Honorees
Sponsors and Special Friends
- California Casualty
— Headquartered in San Mateo, California Casualty is proud to sponsor the CDE’s School Recognition program because we are committed to education and have supported California teachers and students at school, in the community and behind the wheel for over 60 years.
It is an honor to recognize educators who make a difference every day for our children. It takes real commitment to go far above and beyond to help students reach their full potential. Follow the link above to learn more about California Casualty and our sponsorship of the California Department of Education’s California School Recognition Program.
- California Teachers Association
- L.E.A.D. USA
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- McGraw-Hill Education
- California Community Foundation
- California Masonic Foundation
- California School Employees Association
- Educational Testing Service
- Schools First Federal Credit Union
- Texas Instruments
- Vinotheque Whisperkool
- California School Business Officials
- Common Sense Kids Action, Common Sense Media, Common Sense Education