WHAT’S NEW IN 2013–14?
Change in Data Correction Process
- Deadline for 2012–13 final demographic data corrections is October 31, 2013.
- Student demographic corrections are now made on Educational Testing Service (ETS) CAHSEE Online and California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS).
- Most student demographic corrections may be made on the ETS CAHSEE Online Web page.
- Local educational agencies (LEAs) are not charged for making these corrections.
Correctable Fields Now Required in CALPADS
1. Student’s English Proficiency
2. Hispanic or Latino
4. Parent Education Level
5. Primary Language
6. National School Lunch Program
7. Special Education – Primary Disability and Exit Date
8. English Learner Date First Enrolled
9. Reclassified Fluent-English-Proficient (R-FEP) Date
10. R-FEP Student Scored Proficient or Advanced any 3 years on CST and/or CMA
- The wide use of cell phones and text messaging requires that test examiners and proctors be extremely vigilant during testing.
- The return of test booklets and materials must also be closely monitored.
- All test examiners, proctors, and other school personnel must be properly trained; they must also sign and submit a Test Security Agreement.
- Adherence to the coordinator’s manual and Directions for Administration is critical.
CAHSEE Internet Resources
CDE CAHSEE Web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/hs/
- Frequently Asked Questions
Questions and Answers about the CAHSEE
- Program Notes and Legal Updates
CAHSEE Notes, Legal Updates, and Memorandums
- Program Resources
Exam Blueprints, Released Test Questions, Study Guides, Teacher Guides, Assistance Packets for LEAs, Technical Reports
- Administrative Documents
Exam Administration Dates and Guidelines, Regulations, Intensive Instruction Funding, and Apportionment Process
- Test Variations, Accommodations and Modifications
Request for Test Variations, Test Matrices, Scribe and Sign Language Guidelines, and Questions and Answers Regarding Test Variations
CAHSEE Contact Information
Policy and General Information
High School and Physical Fitness Assessment Office by phone at 916-445-9449, or by e-mail at email@example.com
Test Material Ordering and Logistics
ETS CAHSEE Support by phone at 800-241-5687, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org