ResourcesAssistance packet and California English Language Development Test (CELDT) resources for districts and school staff.
Assistance for School District and School Staff
2015–16 CELDT Information Guide (PDF; 2MB)
Resources for Use by School Districts and Schools
- Sample Parent/Guardian Initial Identification Notification Letter (DOC)
For Initial Identification of English Learners (for students identified as English learners)
- Sample Parent/Guardian English Proficient Notification Letter (DOC)
For Initial Identification of English Learners (for students identified as fluent English proficient)
- Sample Parent/Guardian Not Yet Reached Proficiency Notification Letter (DOC)
For Annual Assessment Results (for English learners who have not yet reached proficiency in English)
- Sample Parent/Guardian Reclassification Notification Letter (DOC)
For Annual Assessment Results (for English learners being considered for reclassification)
- Sample Parent/Guardian Alternate Assessment Notification Letter (DOC)
For Annual Assessment Results (for English learners who took an alternate assessment)
- Parent/Guardian Brochure (PDF)
Information for Parents and Guardians
- Test Results Interpretation Guides
Information on interpreting the Student Performance Level Report and definitions of the Overall Test Performance Descriptors translated in several languages.
CELDT Blueprint Preface (DOC)
CELDT Blueprints (DOC)
Letter from Deputy Superintendent Deborah V.H. Sigman
Use of California Modified Assessment for Reclassification of English Learners.
Released Test Questions (PDF; 5MB; Updated
CELDT question samples for site and local education agency administrators, teachers, and parents or guardians. These samples cover the four domains assessed: Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing.
Scale Score Ranges
Scale Score Ranges for the California English Language Development Test.
CELDT Score Request Form
School CELDT results to schools receiving English learner students.
CELDT Technical Documentation
Includes Technical Reports and a Study for the California English Language Development Test (CELDT).