What is new for the Physical Fitness Test (PFT)?
- Forgot password tool
- Cannot login to the District Portal to retrieve or submit PFT data because you do not have the password? Use the forgot password tool found on the District Portal box of the California PFT Web site , and the password will be re-sent to the superintendent or charter school administrator, the PFT Coordinator, and alternate PFT Coordinator who are in the system for 2011–12. If this contact information has not been updated for 2011–12, you will first need to update this information using the 2011–12 PFT Coordinator Designation link found on the Coordinator Registration box.
- Template Generator using Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR)
Pre-ID and FITNESSGRAM1 export files
- You will be able to use your STAR Pre-ID file to generate a file suitable for copying student demographic information into the PFT Student Data Excel template. Only include student records where the student is in grades five, seven, or nine, delete all other student records from your STAR Pre-ID file.
- If you use FITNESSGRAM software, Versions 8 or 9, you will be able to use your exported FITNESSGRAM data file to generate a file suitable for copying student FITNESSGRAM scores into the PFT Student Data Excel template.
- Delete all student data
- If you uploaded an error-filled tab-delimited student data file, you can now delete all student records before submitting a revised student data file. NOTE: Use this feature with caution, as it will delete all student records including those for students that were entered into the system using the Web-data entry application and those that were previously changed or corrected.
- New Online PFT Coordinator Designation Form
- If you still need a 2011–12 password, complete and submit the designation form online. This form is found on the California PFT Web site , using the 2011–12 PFT Coordinator Designation link found on the Coordinator Registration box. Once approved by the superintendent or charter school administrator, PFT Support will send a new password to the superintendent or charter school administrator, PFT Coordinator, and if provided, alternate PFT Coordinator. A designation form must be completed annually. If you need assistance with completing this form, contact the PFT Help Desk by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or by phone at 888-852-9681.
Important PFT Dates
- January 2012 – TBD
- Final 2010–11 PFT summary reports, individual student score reports, and scored data file for your local educational agency (LEA) will be available for download through District Portal on the California PFT Web site.
- Updated 2010–11 PFT summary data and research files will be available on the California Department of Education (CDE) DataQuest Web page [http://dq.cde.ca.gov/dataquest/].
- February 1, 2012
- School Accountability Report Card (SARC) submission deadline
- 2011–12 PFT testing window opens
- California PFT District Portal open for 2011–12 data submission (i.e., Web-data entry or Web-data upload)
- May 31, 2012
- 2011–12 PFT testing window closes
- June 30, 2012
- 2011–12 PFT data submission window closes
- July 1, 2012
- Data correction window remains open for LEAs that submitted data by June 30, 2012 deadline
- July 5, 2012
- Preliminary 2011–12 student scored data file available for LEAs that submitted data by June 30, 2012
- September 4, 2012
- Data correction window closes
- September 7, 2012
- Revised 2011–12 student score data file available for LEAs that submitted data by June 30, 2012
- October 2012 – TBD
- Preview 2011–12 DataQuest reports
- 2011–12 PFT Annual News Release
- Final data submission and correction window opens and closes
- Final 2011–12 student scored data file available for LEAs
- December 2012 – TBD
- Summary and individual student score reports available for LEAs
- Final 2011–12 PFT DataQuest reports and research files posted
Status of 2011–12 PFT Manuals, Materials, and Resources
- Currently posted
- Online PFT Coordinator Designation Form
- 2011–12 HFZ Charts [http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/pf/pftresources.asp]
- 2011–12 PFT Resources [http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/pf/pftresources.asp]
- FITNESSGRAM Fitness Areas, Test Options, and Equipment Graphic Organizer [http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/pf/pftresources.asp]
- 2011–12 PFT Calendar
- Updated Training Videos
- NEW Aerobic Capacity Brochure for Parents and Guardians [http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/pf/pftresources.asp] English and Spanish versions available
- PFT Reference Guide
- 2011–12 Student Data Layout
- 2011–12 Excel Template with instructions
- To be posted
Additional information about the PFT is available on the CDE PFT Web page [http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/pf/]. Questions about the PFT may be directed to Linda Hooper, Education Research and Evaluation Consultant in the High School and Physical Fitness Assessment Office by phone at 916-445-9449 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
1FITNESSGRAM is a registered trademark of The Cooper Institute.