Fields or values marked with an asterisk (*) denote new options added in January 2013. See the January 2013 notes for information on how previously submitted options may have been converted.
Columns marked with two asterisks (**) indicate the field is required for evaluating whether the device meets readiness requirements.
|Column #||Field Name||Description||
|1||Local Organization Code||The school code used to uniquely identify this organization.||Use the 14 character County-District-School (CDS) code.|
|2||State Code||State Abbreviation||CA|
|3||Count of Devices
||Number of Devices that make up the specified configuration||Max length of 4 digits.|
|4||Name||Name of Device(s)||Alphanumeric|
|5||Location||Location of Device||Alphanumeric|
|6 **||Operating System
||Operating System of the Device||
windows_xp2 = Windows XP SP2 or less
|7||Processor||Processor of the Device||
1000 = Other
||Memory of the Device||
1 = < 128 MB
|9 **||Screen Resolution
||Screen resolution of the Device||1 = < 800 x 600
20 = 800 x 600
22 = 1024 x 576
23 = 1024 x 600
30 = 1024 x 768
40 = 1280 x 800
50 = 1280 x 1024
60 = 1366 x 768
70 = 1440 x 900
72 = 1600 x 900
80 = 1600 x 1200
90 = 1680 x 1050
100 = 1920 x 1080
110 = 1920 x 1200
120 = 2048 x 1536
999 = > 2560 x 1600
|10 **||Monitor / Display Size
||Monitor or display size of the screen||1 = < 7 in
7 = 7 - 9.4 in
9 = 9.5 - 12.9 in
13 = 13 - 16.9 in
17 = 17 - 19 .9in
20 = 20 - 24.9 in
25 = 25 - 27 in
99 = > 27 in
|11||Browser||Browser of the device that will be used for online testing||10 = Internet Explorer 6
20 = Internet Explorer 7
30 = Internet Explorer 8
31 = Firefox 3.6 or older
40 = Internet Explorer 9
41 = Firefox 4+
42 = Google Chrome
43 = Safari
50 = Internet Explorer 10
99 = Other
|12||Wireless||Indicates if the device can be connected wireless||true = Yes
false = No
|13||Device Type||Type of Device||desktop = Desktop
laptop = Laptop
netbook = Netbook
tablet = Tablet
thin = Thin cilent/VDI
other = Other type
|14 **||Assessment Environment *||Environment suitable for Assessment||appropriate = Current environment appropriate for assessment
adaptable = Moveable to environment appropriate for assessment
inappropriate = Current environment NOT appropriate for assessment, and NOT sufficiuently mobile to move to one
|15||Device Owner *||Indicates who owns the device||school = School
student = Student
other = Other
- This file contains data about Devices for individuals schools. If a user attempts to upload devices for an organization that is not a school, that record will fail the loading process and an error will be generated.
- File must be comma delimited and must include the header row.
- File must be a text file type (i.e., .txt, .csv). File cannot be an Microsoft Excel file type (i.e., .xls, .xlsx).
- If a record containing Organization Code and State Code is found that matches one already in the system, the Device data provided in the file will replace all Device data that may already exist for that organization or may append/add devices based on user's upload option selection when uploading the file. Please note: Once a matching organization record is found and if upload option is to Replace Device data, all Device data will be deleted first and then records will be inserted into the database as they pass validations.
- Export file will be in the same format as the import file including all data elements.
- (January 2013) Devices previously submitted as Mac OS X 10.1 - 10.5 have been set to Mac OS X 10.1 - 10.4.3.
- (January 2013) Devices previously submitted as Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.7 have been set to Mac OS X 10.6.
- (January 2013) Devices previously submitted as Linux Ubuntu have been set to Linux Ubuntu v9 - 12.
- (January 2013) Devices previously submitted as Linux Fedora have been set to Linux Fedora v1 - 5.
- (January 2013) Devices previously submitted as Google Chrome been set to Google Chrome v19.
- (January 2013) Devices previously submitted as less than 512 MB RAM have been set to 256 MB.