Several changes have been made to Smarter Balanced Technology Readiness Tool for the fall 2012 data collection. Further details on the new questions and options can be found in the TRT File Import Layouts. The fall 2012 data collection period ends on December 14, 2012.
- Operating System new options: Windows XP SP2, Windows XP SP3, Windows RT, Mac OS X 10.8, and iOS 6.x.
- Processor new options: AMD A-Series (Fusion/HSA), Intel Xeon E3, Intel Xeon, E5, Intel Xeon E7, and Snapdragon S4.
- Screen Resolution new options: 1024 x 576, 1024 x 600, and 1600 x 900.
- Monitor / Display Size new option: 7 - 9.4 inches.
- Browser new option: Internet Explorer 10.
- Assessment Environment new question: a) appropriate - current environment appropriate for assessment, b) adaptable - moveable to environment appropriate for assessment, or c) inappropriate - current environment not appropriate for assessment, and not sufficiently mobile to move.
- Device Owner new question: a) school, b) student, or c) other.
School Survey Questions Section
- Estimated Internet Bandwidth new options: 20 Mbps, 30 Mbps, 40 Mbps, 50 Mbps, 60 Mbps, 70 Mbps, 80 Mbps, and 90 Mbps.
- Estimated Test Taker Count for 2014-15 has been replaced by new fields for the current enrollment for each grade at the school. The fields are pre-populated from data provided to CDE for the 2011-12 school year.
- School Classification new question: a) public, b) private, c) charter, or d) other.
- Max Number of Simultaneous Test Takers, Length of Test Taking Window, and Number of Sessions per Day questions are required for the generation of school "readiness" reports.
When the minimum system requirements are coded into the system, the reports under the Results & Indicators tab will show the percentage of devices that meet the minimum requirements, the percentage of students who can be tested at a given time, and the percentage of network bandwidth required. While the minimum system requirements are expected to be available in early December 2012, the "readiness" reports will not be available until early January 2013. (updated 30-Nov-2012)