Assessment Spotlight, Issue 9California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) email update, August 29, 2018.
Focusing on the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) System and English Language Proficiency Assessments of California (ELPAC)—and including, when timely, updates on California’s other statewide assessments.
Step Right Up: Training for New ELPAC Coordinators Next Month
Registration is still open for the 2018–19 New ELPAC Coordinator Training, designed specifically for coordinators who are new to this role! Attend this voluntary, half-day training to:
- Become familiar with the Initial and Summative ELPAC processes.
- Learn the details of the responsibilities of the local educational agency (LEA) ELPAC coordinator.
- Learn the suggested timeframes for completed activities.
- Explore procedures and practices that support a successful ELPAC administration.
The training will be held in two California locations—in Sacramento on September 19, and in Ontario on September 26. For information on registration and more details, visit the 2018–19 New ELPAC Coordinator Training website .
Reminder—Professional Learning Opportunity for Science Teachers: CAST Academy
Calling all science teachers! The California Science Test (CAST) Academy will be held in October at five locations across California.
This year’s CAST Academy will provide K–12 teachers with a hands-on opportunity to “dig in” and collaborate with peers while learning about the expectations and design of the CAST, deconstructing performance expectations of the California Next Generation Science Standards, and using the CAST training test to identify test item demands.
ELPAC Development Activities: Opportunities for Educators
- Initial ELPAC 2019–20, Speaking Range Finding meetings—January 2019
- Content Review Panel—February 2019
- Bias and Sensitivity Review Panel—February 2019
- Summative ELPAC 2020, Speaking Range Finding meetings—March/April 2019
- Summative ELPAC 2019, Embedded Field Test Writing Range Finding—May 2019
Application deadlines are coming up soon; reserve your spot today.
In addition, educators are reminded that registration for the upcoming Summative ELPAC Administration and Scoring Trainings (ASTs) is now available. These CDE-sponsored statewide trainings are scheduled for October 9 through November 29.
ELPAC Question Corner
- Is there a requirement to include a copy of the ELPAC Student Score Report in the cumulative folder?
No. There is not a requirement to include a copy of the student score report as long as it is accessible electronically and available upon request by another LEA or a parent/guardian.
Please share this email with any educators in your local educational agency who would be interested in or benefit from this information. To join the email list, send a blank message to email@example.com. Are you a new subscriber? Visit the CDE Assessment Spotlight web page to find previous issues.