AAV of Item 16 Attachment 3Accessible Alternative Version (AAV) of Item 16 Attachment 3 for the May 2014 SBE Meeting Agenda.
This page is the Accessible Alternative Version of Item 16 Attachment 3 from the California State Board of Education Meeting Agenda for May 2014. The scanned Item 16 Attachment 3 (PDF) version is considered to be the official version of the document.
Economic and Fiscal Impact Statement
(REGULATIONS AND ORDERS). User entries from the STD. 399 (REV. 12/2008) Form.
Department Name: Education
Contact Person: Linda M. Hakala
Telephone Number: 916-319-0658
Descriptive Title From Notice Register Or From 400: Publisher Fee for ELA/ELD Instructional Materials Adoption (Dated November 13, 2013)
Notice File Number: Z
Economic Impact Statement
Section A. ESTIMATED PRIVATE SECTOR COST IMPACTS (Include calculations and assumptions in the rulemaking record.)
Section A.1. Check the appropriate box(es) below to indicate whether this regulation:
- Selected option is H: None of the above (Explain below. Complete the Fiscal Impact Statement as appropriate.)
- Option H explanation: The regulations align to Education Code and would not impose additional private section costs.
Fiscal Impact Statement
Section A. FISCAL EFFECT ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT (Indicate appropriate boxes1 through 6 and attach calculations and assumptions of fiscal impact for the current year and two subsequent Fiscal Years.)
- Selected option is 6: Other.
- Option 6 explanation: The regulations do not impose any additional costs as they further define the Education Code related to publisher fees.
Section B. FISCAL EFFECT ON STATE GOVERNMENT (Indicate appropriate boxes 1 through 4 and attach calculations and assumptions of fiscal impact for the current year and two subsequent Fiscal Years.)
- Selected option is 4: Other.
- Option 4 explanation: The regulations do not impose any additional costs upon the state as they concur with existing regulations and serve only to define the specifics of publisher fees as provided in the Education Code.
Section C. FISCAL EFFECT ON FEDERAL FUNDING OF STATE PROGRAMS (Indicate appropriate boxes1 through 4 and attach calculations and assumptions of fiscal impact for the current year and two subsequent Fiscal Years.)
- Selected option is 3: No fiscal impact exists because this regulation does not affect any federally funded State agency or program.
Fiscal Officer Signature: Signed by Linda Hakala dated November 22, 2013
Agency Secretary 1 Approval/Concurrence: Signed by Jeannie Oropeza dated December 5, 2013
Department of Finance 2 Approval/Concurrence: No signature.
1 The signature attests that the agency has completed the STD. 399 according to the instructions in the State Administrative Manual (SAM) sections 6601-6616, and understands the impacts of the proposed rulemaking. State boards, offices, or department not under an Agency Secretary must have the form signed by the highest ranking official in the organization.