AAV of Item 05 Addendum Attachment 4Accessible Alternative Version (AAV) of Item 05 Addendum Attachment 4 for the November 2015 SBE Meeting Agenda.
This page is the Accessible Alternative Version (AAV) of Item 05 Addendum Attachment 4 from the California State Board of Education (SBE) Meeting Agenda for November 2015. The scanned Item 05 Addendum Attachment 4 (PDF) version is considered to be the official version of the document.
Economic and Fiscal Impact Statement
(REGULATIONS AND ORDERS). User entries from the STD. 399 (REV. 12/2013) Form.
Department Name: Education
Contact Person: Linda Hakala
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Number: 916-319-0658
Descriptive Title From Notice Register Or From 400: California Assessment of Student Performances and Progress (dated October 23, 2015)
Notice File Number: Z
Economic Impact Statement
Section A. ESTIMATED PRIVATE SECTOR COST IMPACTS (Include calculations and assumptions in the rulemaking record.)
Section A.1. Check the appropriate box(es) below to indicate whether this regulation:
- Selected option is H: None of the above (Explain below)
- Option H explanation: The regs align to test guidelines and would not impose add'l private sector costs.
Fiscal Impact Statement
Section A. FISCAL EFFECT ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT (Indicate appropriate boxes1 through 6 and attach calculations and assumptions of fiscal impact for the current year and two subsequent Fiscal Years.)
- Selected option is 6: Other. Explain. The regulations do not impose any additional costs as they address issues that have surfaced with the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress tests, clarify procedures and definitions, and align to the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium guidelines.
Section B. FISCAL EFFECT ON STATE GOVERNMENT (Indicate appropriate boxes 1 through 4 and attach calculations and assumptions of fiscal impact for the current year and two subsequent Fiscal Years.)
- Selected option is 4: Other. Explain. The regulations do not impose any additional costs as they provide clarity and address issues with the existing regulations for the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress tests.
Section C. FISCAL EFFECT ON FEDERAL FUNDING OF STATE PROGRAMS (Indicate appropriate boxes1 through 4 and attach calculations and assumptions of fiscal impact for the current year and two subsequent Fiscal Years.)
- Selected option is 3: No fiscal impact exists. This regulation does not affect any federally funded State agency or program.
Fiscal Officer Signature: Signed by Linda Hakala dated October 29, 2015
The signature attests that the agency has completed the STD.399 according to the instructions in the State Administrative Manual (SAM) sections 6601-6616, and understands the impacts of the proposed rulemaking. State boards, offices, or department not under an Agency Secretary must have the form signed by the highest ranking official in the organization.
Agency Secretary: Contains signature dated November 2, 2015
Finance approval and signature is required when SAM sections 6601-6616 require completion of Fiscal Impact Statement in the STD. 399.
Department of Finance Program Budget Manager: No signature.