Item 19 Attachment 4 of SBE Agenda January 2019
This page contains information entered to a STD. 399, Economic and Fiscal Impact Statement form. To obtain a scanned copy of the submitted form, contact the California State Board of Education Office at email@example.com or at 916-319-0827.
Economic and Fiscal Impact Statement
(Regulations and Orders)
User entries from STD. 399 (REV. 12/2013) form of the State of California Department of Finance.
Department Name: California Department of Education
Contact Person: Carolyn Nealon
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Number: 916-319-0658
Descriptive Title From Notice Register Or From 400: Vision Testing (dated November 7, 2018)
Notice File Number: Z
Economic Impact Statement
Section A. ESTIMATED PRIVATE SECTOR COST IMPACTS (Include calculations and assumptions in the rulemaking record.)
Section A.1.Check the appropriate box(es) below to indicate whether this regulation:
- Selected option is H: None of the above (Explain below)
- Option H explanation: The regulations align to statute and would not impose additional private sector costs.
Fiscal Impact Statement
Section A. FISCAL EFFECT ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT (Indicate appropriate boxes1 through 6 and attach calculations and assumptions of fiscal impact for the current year and two subsequent Fiscal Years.)
- Selected option is 6: Other. Explain. The regulations require contracting agencies, authorized by the county to provide vision tests, to provide evidence upon request to CDE demonstrating the training/testing qualifications of those administering the vision tests. We estimate this cost would be covered (absorbed) by the contract.
Section B. FISCAL EFFECT ON STATE GOVERNMENT (Indicate appropriate boxes 1 through 4 and attach calculations and assumptions of fiscal impact for the current year and two subsequent Fiscal Years.)
- Selected option is 4: Other. Explain. The regulations would require CDE to determine which photoscreening tests are recognized as best or acceptable practice. The cost to develop and maintain this information as the tests evolve would be minor, and absorbable.
Section C. FISCAL EFFECT ON FEDERAL FUNDING OF STATE PROGRAMS (Indicate appropriate boxes1 through 4 and attach calculations and assumptions of fiscal impact for the current year and two subsequent Fiscal Years.)
- Selected option is 3: No fiscal impact exists. This regulation does not affect any federally funded State agency or program.
Fiscal Officer Signature: Signed by Carolyn Nealon, dated December 14, 2018
The signature attests that the agency has completed the STD.399 according to the instructions in the State Administrative Manual (SAM) sections 6601-6616, and understands the impacts of the proposed rulemaking. State boards, offices, or department not under an Agency Secretary must have the form signed by the highest ranking official in the organization.
Agency Secretary: Contains signature, dated December 18, 2018
Finance approval and signature is required when SAM sections 6601-6616 require completion of Fiscal Impact Statement in the STD. 399.
Department of Finance Program Budget Manager: Contains no signature.