CNAC Agenda for August 31, 2005, Meeting
August 31, 2005
9:30 AM – 3:30 PM
1430 N Street, Room 2315
|TIME||AGENDA ITEM||ITEM TYPE||PRESENTOR|
||Action/Information||Rob Challinor, Child Nutrition Advisory Council (CNAC) Chair|
||Information||Phyllis Bramson-Paul, Director, Nutrition Services Division|
|3:30 pm||ADJOURN||Action||Rob Challinor|
The Order of Business May Be Changed Without Notice
Notice is hereby given that the order of consideration of matters on this agenda may be changed without prior notice.
In addition to the foregoing, the Child Nutrition Advisory Council hereby provides notice that it reserves the right to consider and make recommendations at this meeting concerning other areas of the State Board of Education's authority with respect to child nutrition programs which include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that all youth in California have access to high-quality, nutritious, and appealing meals and that child nutrition programs promote students’ involvement.
- Advocating the inclusion of nutrition as a strong component of a comprehensive integrated school health program.
- Nominating its members for state and national advisory councils and maintaining communication with these bodies.
- Maintaining a communication network among allied organizations.
- Monitoring state laws and regulations and advocating changes when appropriate.
Reasonable Limitations May Be Placed on Public Testimony
The Child Nutrition Advisory Council presiding officer reserves the right to impose reasonable time limits on public testimony to ensure that the agenda is completed.
Special Presentations May Be Made
Notice is hereby given that; consistent with the requirements of the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act, special presentations not mentioned in the agenda may be made at this meeting. However, any such presentation will be for information only.
Reasonable Accommodation Will Be Provided for Any Individual With Disability
Pursuant to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the American Disabilities Act of 1990, any individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting of the Child Nutrition Advisory Council may request assistance by contacting Nutrition Services Division Executive Office, 1430 N Street, Suite 1500, Sacramento, CA 95814, telephone 916-323-7311, fax 916-327-0503.
For More Information
For more information concerning this agenda, please contact the Nutrition Services Division Executive Office, 1430 N Street, Suite 1500, Sacramento, CA 95814, telephone 916-323-7311; fax 916-327-0503.