ETHNIC STUDIES MODEL CURRICULUM ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING (ESMCAC)
(Meeting is open to the public)
California Department of Education Building
1430 N Street, Room 1101, Sacramento, CA 95814
Thursday, February 14, 2019
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (plus or minus)
Friday, February 15, 2019
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (plus or minus)
|Time||Thursday, February 14, 2019|
Community Building and Norms of Collaboration
|11:15 a.m.||Model Curriculum Guidelines|
Breakout Sessions: Introduction/Overview
|3:00 p.m.||Breakout Sessions continue; Whole Group Session|
|4:30 p.m.||Public Comment|
|5:00 p.m.±||Adjourn for the Day|
|Time||Friday, February 15, 2019|
|9:00 a.m.||Welcome, Norms and Goals Revisited|
|9:15 a.m.||Parking Lot|
|9:30 a.m.||Breakout Sessions: Survey Course Model, Stand-Alone Course Models|
Breakout Sessions continue: Survey Course Model, Stand-Alone Course Models
|2:15 p.m.||Whole Group Session|
|3:30 p.m.||Public Comment|
ALL TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE AND ARE PROVIDED FOR CONVENIENCE ONLY.
ALL ITEMS MAY BE RE-ORDERED AT THE NOTICED MEETING.
The following Instructional Quality Commission members may attend this meeting of the ESMCAC: Soomin Chao, Lizette Diaz & David Phanthai
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE
All times are approximate; the timing and order of activities may change. The ESMCAC will commence, recess, and reconvene as necessary throughout the two-day meeting. The outline of activities is provided for convenience only. The actual order of business may be changed without notice by the ESMCAC Co-Chairs to accommodate the needs of members, invited presenters, and key staff.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
California Department of Education, Curriculum Frameworks and Instructional Resources Division
1430 N Street, Room 3207, Sacramento, California 95814; 916-319-0881; (FAX) 916-319-0172
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR ANY INDIVIDUAL WITH A DISABILITY
Pursuant to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, any individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to attend or participate in a meeting or function of the Instructional Quality Commission may request assistance by contacting the California Department of Education’s Curriculum Frameworks and Instructional Resources Division at least ten (10) days in advance of the scheduled meeting date.
- Members of the public may sign up to address the committee during the time allocated for such public comment.
- Members of the public may only sign up to speak themselves and may not sign up other speakers.
- Speakers will be allotted a prescribed maximum amount of time, at the discretion of the Committee Chair, based upon the number of speakers.
- Speakers may not provide comment on behalf on another individual or group who is not present.
- Speakers may not allocate their allotted time to another speaker.
- Speakers shall refrain from using profanity and shall conduct themselves in a respectful manner.