Mathematics Focus Group Discussion QuestionsFocus Group Meetings for the 2021 Update of the Mathematics Framework for California Public Schools: Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve
- What are the strengths of the 2013 Mathematics Framework for California Public Schools: Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve (Mathematics Framework) that you feel should remain in the revised version?
- Implementation of the California Common Core State Standards (CA CCSS) for Mathematics has been varied across the state. What changes to the 2013 Mathematics Framework would better support local education agencies and teachers as they implement both the content standards and the standards for mathematical practice?
- How can the revised Mathematics Framework better support access to the standards-based curriculum for all students, including English learners, students with disabilities, gifted students, and other groups of students with special needs?
- Assessment of student progress is essential for student success. What specific supports would you include in the revised Mathematics Framework to provide more guidance on effective means of student assessment?
- Finally, what other recommendations do you have to ensure that the revised Mathematics Framework is a useful tool for California’s educators?
Questions: Curriculum Frameworks and Instructional Resources Division | CFIRD@cde.ca.gov | 916-319-0881
Last Reviewed: Monday, August 19, 2019