ISAC Reporting InstructionsThis page provides instructions for reporting student absence data through the Independent Study Attendance Collection (ISAC) Reporting System.
Navigating the ISAC Reporting System
- Login with an access code issued to your CALPADS LEA Administrator.
- Once you have logged into the system you will be able to select an LEA from the dropdown list. If you report for multiple LEAs, they will appear in the dropdown list.
- Once you have selected an LEA from the dropdown list, you will see your file submission activity and be able to import files. If you report for multiple LEAs, you will be able to select the relevant LEA from the dropdown list.
- When importing files, ensure that the “Select Month to Import” box reflects the month of data you are importing. Then select the Import School Data button. Review the import instructions and confirm the CSV file is formatted correctly. Follow the instructions at the bottom of the web page to import your data.
- Choose your preformatted file and select the Import ISAC Data button. When completed, you will be redirected to the Import Status page. Navigate back to the dashboard to either submit data for another month, or to confirm that the file submitted was accepted and displays as the active file for the selected academic year. Note, if a file for the same month is uploaded, it will fully replace and archive the most current active file for that month.
- If you encounter an error in the file you will see the system generate a message showing the type of error and where it is located in the file. In addition, you can select the 'Validate Record' link to troubleshoot a specific row.
- When you select the 'Validate Record' link, you will be redirected to a new screen where you can submit an individual record to test validation. The tool will output fields and values tested for you to review.
Questions: ISAC Support | firstname.lastname@example.org | 916-324-6738
Last Reviewed: Thursday, September 1, 2022
Share this Page
Trending in Data Collections
Recently Posted in Data Collections
No items posted in the last 60 days.