Blueprint 2.0 Action Planning Team Key ResourcesA Follow-up to State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson's A Blueprint for Great Schools.
The Blueprint 2.0 Action Plan will build upon the recommendations from A Blueprint for Great Schools and the other task force reports that followed. This page contains task force reports from Superintendent Torlakson's first term in office as well as other relevant resource documents.
First Term Task Force Reports
- Transition Advisory Team (2011) A Blueprint for Great Schools.
- Schools of the Future Task Force (2011) Schools of the Future Report (PDF; 1MB; Modified 16-Sep-2013).
- Educator Excellence Task Force (2012) Greatness by Design: Supporting Outstanding Teaching to Sustain a Golden State (PDF; 3MB; Modified 17-Sep-2012).
- Governor's State Advisory Council on Early Learning and Care (2013) California Comprehensive Early Learning Plan (PDF; 7MB; Modified 15-Apr-2015).
- STEM Task Force (2014) Innovate: A Blueprint for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics in California Public Education (PDF; Modified 09-Jul-2014).
- Education Technology Initiative (2014) Empowering Learning: A Blueprint for California Education Technology (PDF; Modified 21-Apr-2014).
- Task Force on K-12 Civic Learning (2014) Revitalizing K-12 Civic Learning in California: A Blueprint for Action (PDF; 2MB; Modified 04-Aug-2014).
- CREATE CA Coalition (2015) A Blueprint for Creative Schools (PDF; 1MB; Modified 15-Jan-2015).
- Agenda for Excellence: State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson’s Prepared Remarks for his Second Inaugural Address in Sacramento, dated January 5, 2015.
- Standards Support Office Overview [http://glenpricegroup.com/BP2/files/SSOOverview4-13-15-6.pdf] (PDF).
- California Department of Education: Common Core State Standards.
- CCSS Communications Campaign [http://cdefoundation.org/what-we-do/common-core/] .
- Report From the Field: How Cross-Sector Collaborations are Advancing STEM Learning [http://hub.mspnet.org/index.cfm/27184] .
- Darling-Hammond, L., Wilhoit, G., & Pittenger, L. (2014). Accountability for College and Career Readiness Developing a New Paradigm [https://edpolicy.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/publications/accountability-college-and-career-readiness-developing-new-paradigm.pdf] (PDF). Stanford Center for Opportunity Policy in Education.
- Bae, S., & Darling-Hammond, L.(2014). Recognizing College and Career Readiness in the California School Accountability System [https://edpolicy.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/SCOPE-recognizing-college-and-career-readiness-california-school-accountability-system_2-brief.pdf] (PDF). Stanford Center for Opportunity Policy in Education.
- Darling-Hammond, L. & Plank, D.N. (2015). Supporting Continuous Improvement in California’s Education System [http://www.edpolicyinca.org/publications/supporting-continuous-improvement-californias-education-system] . Policy Analysis for California Education.
- Whole Child:
- CDE Whole Child Community Schools Strategic Plan 2015-2017 [http://glenpricegroup.com/BP2/files/CDEWCCSFinalStrategicPlan032315gp3.pdf] (PDF).
- After School Division Strategic Planning Article [http://glenpricegroup.com/files/ASD%20strat%20planart%20072215ct2.pdf] (PDF).
- Family Engagement Framework [https://www.wested.org/resources/family-engagement-framework-a-tool-for-california-school-districts/] .
- CDE – Early Learning and Care Division Strategic Plan 2018–2023 (PDF; Posted 14-Sep-2018)
- Educator Excellence:
- Instructional Leadership Corps Project Description [http://glenpricegroup.com/BP2/files/Instructional Leadership Corp Project Description.pdf] (PDF).
- California Labor Management Initiative [http://cdefoundation.org/cde_programs/clmi/] .
- District Support:
- Humphrey, Daniel C. and Koppich, Julia E. (2014). Toward a Grand Vision: Early Implementation of California's Local Control Funding Formula [http://glenpricegroup.com/BP2/files/Toward a Grand Vision - Early Implementation of LCFF (Humphrey and Koppich).pdf] (PDF).
- Fullan, M. (2015). A Golden Opportunity: The California Collaborative for Educational Excellence as a Force for Positive Change [http://www.michaelfullan.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/CCEE-Opportunity_FINAL_1.7.2015.pdf] (PDF).