Make the Switch: Become a Teacher CriteriaMake the Switch: Become a Teacher campaign eligibility and nomination criteria.
The CDE's "Make the Switch: Become a Teacher" campaign is an exciting endeavor that features mid-career professionals who have made the switch from a previous career to become a teacher. Teachers may be self-nominated or nominated by others. The video profiles will be produced by the CDE's Communications Division and highlighted on CDE's multi-media platforms. Submitting a nomination does not guarantee that a video profile will be produced.
Nominees must work in a California public or charter school for a minimum of 12 months.
Candidates can be nominated or nominate themselves based on the following:
- Must be a credentialed K–12 teacher or certified Career Technical Education Teacher at a public or charter school.
- Must be actively teaching full-time in a classroom setting.
- Must have completely left a previous job or industry to become a teacher.
- Must submit an online nomination form.
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of a camera.
- Must sign a release that authorizes the use of image online, in print materials, video, and on CDE and non-CDE websites.
- Must have district and school approval to participate.
- Nominations must be accompanied by a 150 word or less summary that includes the nominee’s previous profession and why they wanted to became a teacher.
- School must have current media release forms of students on file.
To self-nominate or nominate someone, please complete and submit the below form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CDE reserves the right to determine eligible nominations.