CARS News Flash #60News Flash 60 was sent to LEA User Administrators to inform LEAs of a change in the availability of Title IV, Part A funds.
To: Consolidated Application Subscription List, CARS LEA User Administrators
From: Consolidated Application and Reporting System (CARS) Project Team
Date: February 7, 2018
Subject: Consolidated Application and Reporting System Update FLASH #60
Please be advised, the Consolidated Application and Reporting System (CARS) has been re-opened.
Change in the Availability of Title IV, Part A Funding for 2017–18
On February 6, 2018, a letter was sent to all local educational agency (LEA) superintendents and charter school administrators from Keric Ashley, Deputy Superintendent, of the Performance, Planning, and Technology Branch. The letter notifies LEAs that allocations for Title IV funding will not be available for the 2017–18 fiscal year. This change in funding has a significant impact to a number of CARS 2017 Winter Release data collections.To ensure the quality and integrity of LEA submitted data, CARS was closed to allow us time to make the necessary system changes related to Title IV, Part A funding. Specific changes are:
- 2017–18 Application for Funding: If the LEA elects to participate in Title IV, Part A, the date of material change approval by the local governing board is not required.
- All Title IV, Part A entitlements have been changed to zero ($0).
- 2017–18 Federal Transferability will still display Title IV, Part A; however, the form will display a zero ($0) Title IV, Part A entitlement for all LEAs.
- The 2017–18 Title IV, Part A LEA Allocations form has been closed. The form, regardless of status, will not display on any tab including the Reports tab.
How do the above changes impact you?
- If you have saved as draft or certified the 2017–18 Application for Funding on January 18, 2018 or later, no changes are required.
- If you would like to show your interest in receiving Title IV, Part A funds if the funds become available in the future, you can complete the Title IV, Part A Addendum section in the 2017–18 Application for Funding; however, the date of material change approval by the local governing board is optional.
- If you have saved as draft or certified the 2017–18 Title IV, Part A LEA Allocations form, no action is required. The form will be removed from all tabs.
- If you have saved the 2017–18 Federal Transferability as draft, or certified the form, and have either transferred funds into or out of Title IV, Part A you will need to remove all transfers and save the changes.
- If you have transferred any Title IV, Part A funds to another program and saved the applicable program’s LEA Allocations form, you must open the form, resolve all issues, and re-save the form.
- If you have transferred any Title IV, Part A funds to Title I, Part A and saved 2017–18 Title I, Part A Reservations and 2017–18 Title I, Part A School Allocations forms as draft, you must open the forms, resolve all issues, and re-save the forms.
If you have any application or form questions, please contact the Consolidated Application (ConApp) Support Desk by phone at 916-319-0297 or by e-mail at email@example.com.If you have Title IV, Part A funding related questions, please contact the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Team at ESSA@cde.ca.gov or 916-319-0843.
The Navigating CARS Webinar is an introduction to CARS that is designed to assist new LEA users. It covers how to navigate around in the CARS Application, what to expect on each tab and in each data entry form, and additional information about how CARS works. This training Webinar can be accessed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSl-b4YxiJY.
Additional information about CARS is available on the CDE CARS Web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/fg/aa/co/cars.asp.
If you have any questions regarding CARS, please contact the ConApp Support Desk by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this e-mail was forwarded to you and you wish to subscribe to the Consolidated Application e-mail list, please send a blank e-mail to email@example.com.