CARS News Flash #75News Flash 75 was sent out announcing the Consolidated Application and Reporting System (CARS) 2022–23 forms opening on August 1, 2022 and included a list of the data collections that have changes.
To: Consolidated Application Subscription List, CARS LEA User Administrators and Authorized Representatives
From: Consolidated Application and Reporting System (CARS) Support Staff
Date: July 29, 2022
Subject: Consolidated Application and Reporting System Update FLASH #75
2022–23 Spring Release
The 2022–23 Consolidated Application and Reporting System (CARS) Spring Release has an opening date of Monday, August 1, and the deadline for submission is Monday, September 12, 2022.
Below, in the Spring Release Forms with Changes section, are the forms included in the release that have changes, and a summary of those changes is provided. If you have any questions concerning a change, then please reach out to the form contact noted. A complete list of the forms included in the Spring Release can be found on the California Department of Education (CDE) CARS Data Collection Release Schedule web page.
For technical assistance with CARS, please contact the Consolidated Application (ConApp) support desk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Release Forms with Changes
Below is a list of each form with changes, a brief summation of the change, and the CDE program staff to contact if you have questions.
2019–20 Title II, Part A Fiscal Year Expenditure Report, 36 Months
- Special data collection period of 36 Months for fiscal year 2019–20.
2020–21 Title II, Part A Fiscal Year Expenditure Report, 24 Months; and
2021–22 Title II, Part A Fiscal Year Expenditure Report, 12 Months
- Some existing expenditure fields were removed and some new ones were added.
- All expenditure fields are required; zero is minimum value to enter.
2021–22 Homeless Education Policy, Requirements, and Implementation
- Housing questionnaire related questions were added; required, if applicable.
2022–23 Application for Funding
Form Contact: Consolidated Application Support Desk, ConAppSupport@cde.ca.gov, 916-319-0297
- Removed field to collect local governing board approval date.
- Added Yes/No checkbox for local educational agency (LEA) to certify that the local board approved the Application for Funding; required field.
- Removed fields to collect District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) representative, review date, and comments.
- Added Yes/No checkbox for LEA to certify that parent input has been received from the DELAC, when DELAC is applicable, regarding the spending of Title III funds.
The Navigating CARS webinar is an introduction to the system that is targeted to new LEA users. It covers how to maneuver in the CARS application, reviews the function of each tab, provides examples of data collection forms, and offers additional information about how CARS operates. This training webinar can be accessed here: Navigating CARS Webinar (Video; 22:45).
Additional information about CARS is available on the CDE CARS web page.
If you have any questions regarding CARS, please contact the Consolidated Application Support Desk by email at email@example.com.
Anyone can send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the ConApp email listserv.