Skip to main content
California Department of Education Logo

CACFP Address Changes

Procedures to submit corrections for Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) address changes.
Important Notice: CACFP Program Moved to CDSS

The Early Childhood Development Act of 2020 (Senate Bill (SB) 98, Chapter 24, Statutes of 2020) authorized the transfer of child care and development programs administered by the California Department of Education to the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) effective July 1, 2021. The content on this page may not be current and involves the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) that has moved to CDSS. Visit the CDSS CACFP web page External link opens in new window or tab. or call 1-833-559-2420 for more information.

Private, Non-Profit Agencies

An authorized school/agency (sponsor) representative must contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) by calling 877-829-5500 or review the IRS Change of Address web page at IRS Form 8822b External link opens in new window or tab.. The IRS will send the sponsor a revised IRS Determination Letter once the information is updated.

Public Agencies

An authorized sponsor representative must submit changes on agency letterhead, signed by an authorized school official, to the California Department of Education. The letter must state the old mailing address and the request to change to the new address.

Note:The STD 204 must be mailed to the address provided below and contain the original wet signature of the authorized sponsor representative.

  • Update the appropriate school directory with your new address for your school/agency type: CA School Directory, Charter School Directory, or Private School Directory.

Once you have completed the appropriate changes noted above for your school/agency type, you must submit the STD 204, IRS Determination Letter, and any supporting documentation by mail to the Child and Adult Care Food Programs Unit (CACFPU). If you require further assistance, please contact the CACFPU at 800-952-5609, to be directed to your CACFP County Program Specialist. Please mail all required documentation to:

California Department of Education
Nutrition Services Division
Child and Adult Care Food Programs Unit
1430 N Street, Suite 4503
Sacramento, CA 95814
Attn: County Program Specialist (state your county name)

Questions: Justin Studevan | | 916-322-8304 
Last Reviewed: Wednesday, June 16, 2021
Recently Posted in Allocations & Apportionments