CTEIG RFA 2020-21 ExFiles SubmissionCTEIG RFA 2020-21 ExFiles Submisson Instructions
ExFiles Upload Procedures for 2020-21 CTEIG RFA
After completing each of the attachments contained in the 2020-21 Career Technical Education Incentive Grant (CTEIG) Request for Applications (RFA), applicants must complete two separate operations to submit their application. First, you must create a single .zip file that includes all the completed attachments and their 2019-20 Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP). Once the .zip file has been created, applicants must then upload their .zip file into the California Department of Education’s (CDE) exFiles File Transfer System.
Creating a .zip File
For your convenience we have provide applicants with instructions on how to create a .zip file for both Windows and MacOS users. Please see below:
When you create your .zip file, please name your .zip file exactly as describe on page 23 of the RFA. Specifically, applicants must label the .zip file submitted into the exFiles File Transfer System as follows:
LEA Name CDS Code
Make sure to spell out all acronyms and include all 14 digits of the CDS Code
Example: Shadow Unified School District 12123456000000
Uploading your .zip file into the exFiles File Transfer System
Follow the instructions below to complete the upload process into exFiles:
- After creating your .zip file and labelling the .zip file as instructed above, enter the URL (provided below) for the exFiles File Transfer System into your web browser:
- Once you arrive at the exFiles File Transfer System webpage, you will be prompted to enter the Project Code provided below:
Project Code: CTEIG20
- After you enter the Project Code, you will be prompted to enter the Upload Password provide below:
Upload Password: c2eig@Oy
- Next, you will be asked to select a file to upload. Click the “choose file” button.
- Navigate to the .zip file you want to upload.
Note: Only one .zip file can be uploaded at a time.
- After selecting the .zip file, you will return to the file upload screen. In the description text box, enter the EXACT name of the .zip file selected for upload.
Note: The name of the .zip file you selected and the description must be the same.
- Once you have select the .zip file and entered the .zip file name into the description text box, click the “upload file” button.
Note: Do not encrypt the file. Do not select a file encryption type or enter anything into the File Encryption Password text box. Just click “upload file”
- After you click “upload file”, the name of the.zip file and the description of the .zip file (these should be the same), will be displayed in the File Listings table.
- Within the File Listings table, a date and time stamp will be displayed next to the .zip file name and description of your application.
Note: The information displayed in the File Listings table will serve as your confirmation receipt. It is highly recommended that you print this page for your records.
The CCTD will NOT verify if the .zip file submitted contains all of the necessary documents required in the RFA until after the submission deadline on Thursday, September 17th, at 11:59 pm. It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure their application is completed in full.
If you suspect that you did not include all required attachments and LCAP(s), you must contact the CCTD Leadership office at CTEIncentive@cde.ca.gov and request your previous submission be deleted. Once the previous submission has been deleted, you must then upload the new .zip file in its entirety, prior to the deadline on Thursday, September 17th, 2020 at 11:59pm.
If an applicant submits multiple .zip files with only partial information, regardless of whether they comprise all the requirements in the RFA, they will be considered two separate incomplete applications, and the application will automatically be disqualified from consideration.
Each applicant must submit one .zip file in its entirety with all the required attachments and LCAP(s) by the previously state deadline to be eligible for 2020-21 CTEIG funding.